1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone else come across the overlooked gem known as Overlord?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JC316, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    So I went to my local gamestop today, just to kill some time and I was browsing through their PC games. I was fixing to purchase Bioshock for the insanely low price of $19.99 when I saw a title called Overlord. I had heard that it was decent, so I checked the box. Everything that I have been looking for, a good RPG style adventure, good story and a cheap price at $9.99.

Got it home, installed, and patched.... Holy shit, this is one of the most addictive games this side of Diablo 2. A straight up dungeon crawler, with a third person aspect. You play the overlord, the example of evil (Who looks a LOT like Sauron from Lord of the rings), who's predecssor was defeated. Now it's your job to reestablish the evil empire and reign supreme bad ass of the world. You accomplish this by using your damned funny little minions to reak havoc across the land.

I have only gotten to the 3rd quest, but this is addictive as hell. I would highly recommend it for someone thats looking for a cheap, fun game to play.

Jmatt110 says thanks.
  2. Fastmix

Fastmix New Member

Thanks Received:
    I might try it, thanks.

3. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I have it on PS3 and I didn't like it...got the PC version hoping for a different experience and well...it didn't deliver. My 18 year old sister loves to play it though...and she hates video games. So maybe its not geared towards hardcore gamers like myself.

4. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    its just a fun timewasting game, bit cartoony and lolish, i kinda like it, looks really nice but i think its poorly optimised as the framerate isnt all that good for the iq, still not a bad buy at $19.99 and definately worth a try if just for the eveil yet funny little minions, wreaking havoc everywhere :laugh:

5. JC316

Thanks Received:
    With my system, it's smooth as butter. I also have the latest patch, so that may have fixed some things.

6. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Also, the latest patch has an option for split screen multiplayer. I just tested it with a keyboard and Xbox 360 controller, just like a console game.

7. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    played it. loved it.

8. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    I thought it was kind of meh. The dungeon keeper games were gr8 tho`.

9. JC316

Thanks Received:
    The only issue that I am having with it is that it's a bit too easy so far. I am used to dungeon crawlers being tough with lost of potions.

10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I played overlord a long ass time ago, my G/F's gone through it a few times...the minions are a blast, the graphics are pretty decent, it ran great on an x850xt pe and x1950pro. It is easy, there are a few odd spots and semi-hard things, but I found it more fun and entertaining than serious which made it more fun imo. It's less serious and enjoyable, which another game I enjoy that is free, Dungeon Runners (diablo style rpg/hack n' slash clone)...

Good stuff! Glad you enjoy it!