1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone know a backup software with file-type sorting?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Studabaker, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys well basically every time I rebuild my system I take all the documents and I put them in folders in a backup folder. I got My Documents.old, My Documents.older, and stuff like that. I don't wanna do that anymore. I just thought about the possibility of a backup software that lets me select source folders and destination and can take all the documents like txt, doc, htm etc and sort them, then do the same for pics and videos, and neatly just dump all of the different types into different destination folders. Anyone know of something like this? If it doesn't exist, by God I'll bust out the old VB book and write it myself LOL.

2. Pete1burn

Pete1burn

Thanks Received:
    I used the Windows Backup scheduler for a while but it's touchy and VERY unreliable. So your post is helping me out too.

3. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
  4. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whoaaa, thanks. This thing's got so many menus and tabs I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. I'll have to play with it when I get back from work.

5. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    I've heard a lot of positive comments about SyncBack.