1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone knows what these files are?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Black Panther, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I know the first one's the pagefile and the last one's some log (which is only 17Kb anyway) but what about the 5 files in the middle?

My guess is that they might be Vista updates? (I'm a bit new to Vista)

If they aren't, how can I access them (the folder is 'inaccessible' even with UAC turned off and says "location is not available"), are they important, and can I delete them?

I'm guessing not.... but just wondering, because they're using up like 17GB of my HDD (and those are only the fragmented ones, bet there are more like them which are defragmented and don't show up on Defraggler).

[​IMG]

2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Not sure...maybe part of the system restore for Vista?

5 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    That would be my guess also...If your not worried about going back in system restore you could go into it and delete the old backup info and then go back in and see if those files still remain!!

4. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Those are Super Hidden Files which as the name implies files which are hidden from the user even more than normal hidden files.

Even if you enable the ability to view hidden files and folders in Explorer these super hidden files/folders will still not be displayed.