1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone playing RUST?

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteNoise, Jan 1, 2014.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    How could I possibly have time to be this bat man when I have all this billionaire playboy philanthropist womanizing social drinking to do?

2. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    is that map from in game? I didnt know there was a map function

My main base is damn near right next to yours. I'm just a little east and south from the hanger. I built into the rocks near coast.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  3. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    There is not in game. The map is also super small as I've learned.

Anyways, had some good PvP action today. Server I'm on is starting to fill up. Also starting my metal building...gonna be a big one.

This is were we are setup on the server I'm playing on: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/913/azs1.png

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    That seems to be a popular spot for people to build their bases. Its central to everything.

5. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nah because the game is built with ?Unity? it's really easy to hack into it and give yourself a similar thing to noclip. That image was taken by a guy who flew up into the air and then screenshotted. There are other maps of the whole island, but that section is most relevant to me and I haven't seen a screenshot like that of other areas.

6. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    We got super mega raided. They only didn't get our third floor which had weapons and ammo and some other stuff but they took a LOT. Problem is the damn spikes we had put up broke by themselves so we had no defense, and they got us while we were off. The sleep thing makes sense I guess but it's kinda BS in a way that somebody can kill me while I am asleep.

7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure how I feel about the whole sleep thing so on my server I have sleep disabled. When you log off so does any gear on your character. The thing is I'm playing a lot now but there will be days when I can't. There is no way I can protect my sleeping char for days if I'm not in game.

Spikes only last about 2 days RL and then they fade away. I actually think this is BS because its getting really expensive to keep building them around my base. At the same time though this keeps people from trolling your base by putting spikes in front of your door because at least they will go away...its a no win situation.

Someone blew through two of my walls but then gave up. I'll need to reinforce the base soon. Make it even harder.

I really need to build a metal base.

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    So far I've found metal ceilings and ramps.

9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I found the last part to metal buildings early today. I spent my day crafting enough parts to get a single story nearly complete. I'm building it near my main base but close to the hanger.

10. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Ah that's cool, we have metal ceilings, walls and posts, nothing made with them yet though.
    Apparently I can make metal windows somehow, no idea how that happened.

11. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    I found a metal building. Had an open wooden door and a closed metal door. Gonna blow up the metal door and already took down the wooden one and claim the structure, lol. Yeah I'm an ass. I got raided completely on this server while I was asleep, which was BS. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    All I need now is metal foundation. There's a bunch of dark zombies that spawn near my place and they love giving me loot!

My place is a lovely looking target to get raided though lol.

13. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    erocker...your place is a lovely target. lol Didn't even try hiding your base lol.

14. erocker

Thanks Received:
    It's just quicker access to serve justice! lol

I kinda want to make a little town there with a few more buildings.

15. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I went completely overboard on my metal base. Used up a weeks worth of metal....and now have a crazy tower. I don't even have any guns that can hit anything from that high up. I've hit a wall though as I need to start gathering a ton of metal ore before I can finish it. /sigh

Oh and I fixed the air drops. They will drop as long as two people are on the server...once per in game day (once per hour).

I'll be restarting the server once a day when its empty. Seems to help it run more smoothly...especially for you guys overseas.

16. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    I picked up Rust yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play yet, though.

17. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Talked to a guy on the server and apparently the house I took over was an admin's so he says I'll probably be banned from the server lol. It was built rather well, I've put metal doors up on it and my friend will when he gets on, so they'll at least have a fun time wasting stuff to do it if they do ban, lol. Took 1 C4 and about 8 damn grenades to break down a metal door. They don't follow the paths they should when throwing and bounce oddly so they didn't all hit..

18. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    That would be lame if they did ban you. The whole point of this game is survival of the fittest. If anything they should just take it back and defend it.

I'll not be on much today. Gonna watch some movies with the wife and kid.

Random Murderer...if you join the server and want to be close to the TPU people then build down in the southern part of the map. Looking at a map of the game I am by the hanger. Others from TPU are around that area as well.

19. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    We made some enemies this morning too. lol Things are going to get interesting...

20. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure which part is the south side of the map. I plan on moving down there once I have my metal supply in order.

21. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    You are already really close to both my base and RCoon's. If you follow the road from your base going south where the sun sets it wraps around to the right and Im that big metal building next to the hanger. RCoon is slightly further down the road on left. Big massive wooden building.

Attached Files:

22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Bumble is the enemy?! Lol. Well that's good to know. I'm really not far off from anyone else, but I think I'll relocate on Metal Mountain somewhere.

Heck we can use my old bases as a rally point/base of operations/front lines/etc.

23. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/djgeg/

That's the admin of the server. Server name RustCity-US. IP: 69.39.239.75:28315
    I took the admin base over (one). He used god mode, came in and spawned charges for himself, blew it back up and took all my stuff and killed myself and friend. He was spawning stuff in people's inventories (charges, metal doors, etc.) because he was trying to rebuild. I shot him uncountable times with a shotgun point blank, and he goes 'Can't kill me' in global chat. Super douchebag. Gonna see what I can do to report the server.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Noktorn/ - Was with admin, also unkillable from what I tried to do I believe.

I'll probably be joining you guys shortly but I have to go to work tomorrow again anyways so.

24. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    We slaughtered them and SGT, took all their stuff, then we got consistent rubberbanding and major lag and died, so we migrated to a server with less lag. Was good fun though, they were bitching at @WhiteNoise for like 10 mins saying he was a bad admin because we went in and filled them with lead/looted them.

25. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    And I wasn't part of the raid either.

It was fun running around with you guys while it lasted. Good luck on your new server!

And they werent complaining about me being a bad admin. to my knowledge they have no idea I am admin. SGT did blame you guys for being a cheating admin though. I think when you all cam in with bolt action rifles he thought you we abusing your admin abilities lol

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014