1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone still play Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by nick_1992, Nov 22, 2007.

1. nick_1992

Thanks Received:
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone here still plays Diablo 2 or Diablo 2 LOD?
    I know the game is old but if u ask me its still a really fun game to play:toast:

BTW i play on USwest and my account is=X1900 if you want to add me.

2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I still play the single player every now and then. Waiting on Diablo 3 personally.

3. nick_1992

Thanks Received:
    Well JC might I say you would have a grand ol' time playing multiplayer

4. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've used to play this game quite much in the (recent) past... sadly I should get the hold of it again sometime soon, it's such a classic for some reason. The game that has come the most closest to it EVER is Titan Quest, but it quite didn't manage to overcome it.

Diablo 3 would be very nice indeed, but somehow I doubt that title would ever see daylight. Hellgate: London is the ''spiritual sequel'' of D2 already, and the demo didn't promise much of it... :cry:

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    All ways told my self not to play it again as i got pretty addicted to it for a few years.

6. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    If I had to vote, I'd go with Titan Quest over HGL.

Just beat HGL and without giving too much away, I found the game and especially the ending a bit underwhelming. Too many errand quests and the scenery doesn't change much. Both D2 and TQ have an epic feel to them.

Not that it couldn't become a better game. Flagship has mentioned before about how they want to keep adding to the game so I'll have to see how that goes.

7. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Diablo 3 if it ever comes out won't be here for at least 10 years or so. As long as WoW is popular, there's no reason for Blizzard to create another game in a similar genre that will take away from the subscriptions of WoW. I also say 10 years because if it was even announced tomorrow, Blizzard games have a tendency of getting pushing back forever, many times.

8. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Yes I do I like the game it is quite good .

9. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know, but the problem is that my ISP is blocking ports and they keep giving me the runaround. Kinda pissing me off.

10. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    HGL looks good, does anyone know if its online only? If it is I wont be playing it.

11. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I quite didn't get that ''epicness'' with the demo of HGL for some reason, and I bet the full version won't differ incredibly from that, sure I might be wrong. Just that...

... the scenery (a sci-fi inspired, futuristic London) isn't quite as great as the sceneries of D2, not to mention TQ. I dunno, guess I'm not a fan of laser guns and that stuff, then. :pimp:

12. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, a lot of us were hoping for a much larger Act 4 and 5 (1 - 3 was available in the beta). While they take longer to complete, it's just more of the same ol' thing besides the few odd quests near the end.

I think I'll pick up the TQ expansion and try that out. Give Flagship some time to work on the planned additions to HGL (three new classes, more areas, etc).

Ketxxx - You can do single player or online for free.

13. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I still play. Look me up on USEast account name Zerofantasy. I play ladder only. I just started playing again 8 days ago and I already have the best gear in the game for all my chars....absolutely love Diablo 2. Just got back from 3 years of WoW and I tell ya I have more fun in D2 than I ever did in WoW.

14. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    I play D2:LOD USEast (softcore ladder) as well *error_f0rce <---------(last 0 is a zero)

I think it's the loot and item runs that keep me coming back to it. That and the online trading forums. You'll never get a fair price on Bnet, so places like diabloii.net come in handy when you find sweet items, and just want to trust the people you trade with.

I hated single player because you could never find all the good items you needed, or a whole set, and never, ever, ever, ever, ever the runes to make any good runewords. And it would take you weeks, as opposed to hours to level up a new character. Online changed all those things.

At the moment I have a lvl90 zealer/smite used to solo uber-tristram (torch runs) and a lvl88 infinity light sorc @ 25k dmg and 466%mf. My internet is down at the moment (moving) but I'm usually on at night during the week.

15. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Single was alright til the 1.09 or 1.10 patch. Up until then you set the number of players like it was a multi-player game (even though it was just you) so leveling and item drops were much better.

16. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that's true. Still, the lack of gear was frustrating, ... cause it's just you and what you find.... versus ten's of thousands of other people and the gear they find too........... and how long it took to find good charms, etc, made the whole experience very slow going. In my estimation it would take around 2 hours per day for 6 months to 1 year (and this assessment is optimistic IMO) to find 20 7%Magic Find small charms. :ohwell: It might only take a couple hours online to find enough people selling them. :toast:

And I'll be the first to admit that duping sucks........ but it also makes the game more playable...... you think I'd be able to afford an Enigma if a Jah rune only dropped 1/100,000,0000 or whatever ridiculous chance it is? :D
    EDIT: For clarification, I don't dupe, but everyone knows the high runes traded around on Bnet are mostly duped

To me the difference between single player and online is like go carts vs. Formula 1. Go carts are a gimmick, Formula 1 is exhilarating. :rockout:

My 2 cents.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  17. nick_1992

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know what you mean right now i'm trying to get all the runes for a BOTD for my barb... NEARLY impossible