1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone still running dual 4870x2's? Could you test something?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by wrathchild_67, Apr 10, 2011.

1. wrathchild_67

Thanks Received:
    I've got a dual 4870x2 setup and can't get Just Cause 2 to use all 4 gpus when in CrossfireX mode. With the latest Catalyst driver (really, any Catalyst after 10.5), this game only uses 3 of 4 gpus as evidenced by the MSI Afterburner's OSD. The 4th gpu just sits at it's 2D clock settings the whole time and the usage never goes above 0%. Does anyone else have a similar setup to test? I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue, but I'd like to be sure. Forcing a Crossfire method (AFR, etc...) with RadeonPro doesn't work either. The game is pretty much unplayable for me with the latest drivers, but I really don't want to switch to old drivers for just one game...

If someone with newer dual gpu cards (5970, 6970) in Crossfire could test this as well, that would be great. I suspect it will work just fine on the newer cards and this is just another example of Ati kicking previous gpu generations to the curb.