1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone used/seen Logitech G110 keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MT Alex, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    So the reviews are mixed on Logitech's new G110 gaming keyboard, I was hoping someone has used or seen one in use.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126087

Any other suggestions around this price would help. I don't really care about the G keys, but blue led backlight is a must for me in a keyboard. I also love that I could plug my headset/mic into the keyboard. Most of my computing is done in low light, so when I quit looking at my monitor I am fairly blind, backlit keys would be fantastic. My build's theme is blue so I want to stick with it. I currently have a Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo that I don't mind, so I am used to that style of board. That being said, I have never used something fantastic.

2. 2wicked

2wicked

Thanks Received:
    I went from a MX5000 to a G11 (older version of the G110).
    All I can say is I don't miss the battery sucking, connection dropping MX5000 with the useless lcd.

MT Alex says thanks.
  3. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    MT Alex says thanks.
  4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yah, I like the looks of the G15, but rev. 2 has an amber back light, I'm stuck on blue. Also, like 2wicked says, my MX5000 has an LCD, and I can't say that I ever look at it. I mean ever. No phones/mic jacks on the G15, either.
    I really want to like the G110, just not confident in it though.

Edit: I love the looks of this one, but $170 bucks! I don't think so.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...roduct_info&cPath=53_85_233&products_id=26464

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    thats a hell of alot of money for a keyboard, i still feel ashamed of myself for dropping almost $90 bones on this G15. after all most people seem to go through keyboards every 6 months or so, not sure about your habbits but i like to eat while im on the computer + keyboard + mouse... i have to clean my keyboard and mouse often :shadedshu

6. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yup, no way I'm dropping that much cash on a keyboard, pretty bitchin' though. That site also has one for $1700!

I was thinking of getting a shoe box full of beetles, that way when my mouse and keyboard gets too much grime, leave them in the shoe box overnight, presto! clean peripherials in the morning.

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Razer Lycosa http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=lycosa&x=0&y=0

MT Alex says thanks.
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the input, I'll research that one as well. Incidentaly, saw your avatar at xcpus.com tonight while downloading texture a mod for Dragon Age.

9. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    LCD's? When I was in the "pondering stage" of getting a new keyboard a while back I considered several models with built in LCD's. But after checking them out, with their super tiny displays and ridiculous pricing I said to myself: Hey, I can get another LCD monitor for this much money and display all the system stats in all their high-res glory! Which is what I did. Of course I use my secondary display for more than just system stats. It is pretty handy for gaming, keeping an eye on investments, etc. Heck, it cost less than one of those pricey keyboards with LCD's. In the end I also got a pretty cool keyboard as well. No LCD on it though
    Column 1

My advice, after personally going through what seemed dozens of "gaming" and "uber-cool" keyboards with nifty but ultimately useless features, is well, just get whatever is going to be most usable. Going after a keyboard your friends are going to fawn over (blinky lights, cool logos, etc) is not worth it, trust me.

MT Alex says thanks.
  10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That's sound advice. More after the benefits of backlit keys than groovy bells and whistles. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde "Avoid all things popular, because they are usually sh*t."

11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    For a fair bit cheaper, look into the Saitek Eclipse if backlighting is your primary concern.