1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AOC monitor 24 inch

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tuunade98, Aug 2, 2011.

1. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    I need help with my Monitor, i recently just got a new external hard drive the samsung story station 3.0 and my monitor has a 2.0 usb port. When i stick the usb from the external hard drive into the usb port nothing happens.. How do i get the usb port on my monitor to work. Because i have no idea what kind of usb ports ive got on my computer and its dam slow transfering files to the hard drive using them so i wanna try out the usb port on my monitor. Which doesn't respond

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Your Samsung story station 3.0 is a USB 3.0 device with a peak read speed of approx 100MB/s and a peak write speed of 100MB/s Note: when connected to a USB 3.0 port.

When connected over a USB 2.0 port the speeds on the "SSS 3.0" drop to approx 30MB/s read and 30MB/s write.
    To get the best from your "SSS 3.0" you will need a USB 3.0 add-in card

Should be a USB pass-thru cable with your monitor that runs from the monitor USB hub to a USB Port on your PC
    http://us.aoc.com/monitor_display/2436v

USB A plug to USB B plug

Your motherboard supports USB 2.0 and is backwards compatible with USB 1.1
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3485#sp

Note: The USB hub on the monitor will function at the same speed as your PC USB ports

Hope this helps

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  3. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    What he said. Unless you upgrade your PC with an add-in card or a new motherboard, you will not be using the appropriate USB 3.0 speeds the HD advertises. You should always check to make sure you have the prerequisites before buying something like that :)