1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AOC to Show Off 23-inch Monitor with Built-In iPhone/iPod dock at CES 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    Next month at CES 2012 in Las Vegas (January 10-13) monitor maker AOC is promising to showcase a widescreen display which includes a built-in iPhone/iPod touch dock. This extra allows people to view videos or photos taken with their Apple-flavored handheld on the monitor's 23-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) panel, or to listen to the music on the device via the monitor's SRS Premium Sound speakers.

Beside this slim, sleek, and dock-enhanced monitor (called e2343Fi), AOC will show off at CES a new USB-powered display, and a fresh, passive 3D display.

[​IMG]

(FIH) The Don says thanks.
  2. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    honestly what is it with all these apple arse suckers these days why is it always "iphone/ipod dock"?? :banghead: all us android users usually get the scrapings of the barrel, do manufacturers not realise if they make it a micro usb dock and forget the apple stuff they would have a much wider audience and people buying it for all kinds of devices?

3. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Well said.

white phantom says thanks.
  4. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    i call BS

it is EASY to make ipod/ipad/iphone docks, the connector is located the same fucking place on their shit

look at your precious android, find me phone that have the micro usb place the same spot on every phone? well you cant do that, = they cant make a dock for the shit and make it look purrrty

yes i have android myself

5. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
  6. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Why does it need to be in the same place to be able to dock, it's on one of the sides, it makes no difference what side it's on as it's just being docked to the monitor and being displayed on that.

I could care less regardless, I wouldn't pay an extra $50-$90? just to be able to dock my phone, usb cable suits me as and when I need to connect.

7. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    DroidX = HDMI output (me have)... for about $10, I can connect to just about EVERY F*cking TV made, so SCREW APPL.

And another thing... I go to the gym about 4 days a week. Life-shitness (aka life fitness) has iCRAP docs on all the new machines. I have NEVER seen ANYONE use them. I just plug into Pandora on my phone... :)

8. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    while i respect your point n yes i have owned iphones in the past and i can see where your coming from, personally i just think to many people are sheep n suck up to apples arse these days, the micros usb port doesn't really need to be in the same place it just i think anyways; needs to be supported on these so called "docks" more it doesn't have to be shaped to a specific device would be just as good if it was actually there in the first place with a space to sit something connected to it. iphones are getting bashed left right and center these days with other makers bringing out better devices (samsung for instance) even apple released a rip off adapter for the i devices to make them micro usb aswell in place of the stock connector so it could be used on a micro usb dock aswell if it existed

9. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed with that thats all i'm trying to say :toast:

10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if you want your android to connect, then use a HDMI cable or 3.5mm audio jack.

you cant make a dock for android because there is no standard size, shape, or connectors. i seriously cant beleive someone even brought it up.

11. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    thank you, thats what i tried to tell ppl

12. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    No. It doesn't matter. Apple gets a dock Android gets a dock, it can even be a 3.5 mm audio jack pointing up like ..... :roll:

13. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Its because there are a lot of people who are daft enuff to buy an apple product, other companies know this, so hence they make lots of overpriced crap for these people to sit their devices on.

14. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    No-one here heard of MHL? It's a standard connector in as much as there is a standard and although the location isn't exactly on the same place on all phones, it sends audio, video (HDMI) and USB data overa single cable... solves the problem, mostly. It's just that not all phone makers use it as the USB-IF doesn't approve of it...