1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apacer Debuts World’s Lightest USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 8, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Apacer, a global leader in digital storage, unveiled today another masterpiece --AH350 USB 3.0 flash drive. Only a sleek and super speed gadget can keep you on board the trend bandwagon, and AH350 typified such a device with its top performance plus a streamlined design. AH350 adopts the single-chip controller, and is the lightest USB3.0 flash drive to hit the market.

“Flash drive is a widely-used functional storage product; users would look forward to a more compact, faster and better quality flash drive that features a larger storage capacity, more stable performance and a more customer friendly price,” said Grace Lo, Associated Vice President of Apacer Commodity Business Unit. “Thanks to its competitive edge in storage technology, Apacer takes the lead in making USB 3.0 products more compact and prevalent by launching AH350. As a one-stop solution that meets every consumer need, AH350 is most lightweight USB 3.0 flash drive with the highest cost performance available in the market.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy the thrill and beauty of SuperSpeed
    Apacer stays ahead of the industry to make AH350 lightweight, price-friendly and have fast transfer rate and low power consumption. With a transmission bandwidth of up to 5Gbps, AH350 delivers a maximum transfer speed of up to 60MB/s, which is 2 times faster than the traditional USB 2.0 flash drive, allowing users to enjoy the thrill of its blazing fast performance.

AH350 fully demonstrates Apacer’s aspiration for SuperSpeed in an elegant and a sophisticated fashion from both its transfer rate and streamlined casing. To show the beauty and strength of speed in its design, Apacer takes inspirations from top racing cars. The AH350 is deliberately made in a contrast of glossy black and matte white to highlight its streamlined appearance. The exclusive hidden side push key allows your thumb and palm to fit perfectly the flash drive when you’re holding it. Without worrying about losing a cap, the AH350 balances aesthetic design and ergonomics.

Lightest USB3.0 flash drive
    Available in capacities from 8GB to 32GB, AH350 is compatible with USB3.0 and USB2.0 interfaces. It also includes a strap hole in the back for users to carry around. Users can freely choose their own straps, accessories or neck lanyards according to their own style.

The environmentally friendly AH350 also meets the RoHS criteria and provides a lifetime warranty. In terms of compatibility, it is fully compatible with Windows 7 and is able to run great with the latest computer. In addition, the Apacer USB flash drive comes with free ACE compression software that provides data compression, decompression and password protection, which easily increases the storage capacity by 500%, while ensuring data security and privacy.

[​IMG]
  2. 1c3d0g

1c3d0g

Thanks Received:
    Still too damn bulky, IMO. :(
  3. jpierce55

Thanks Received:
    Lightest=gimmick, 100% pure gimmick!
  4. ironwolf

Thanks Received:
    Seriously, lightest? Whoop-dee-do. Even if you were carrying around literally pockets full of these, the weight difference would likely be minor. How about faster/cheaper instead of lighter?
  5. Marv

Marv New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to say, this is brilliant actually. Because what I've always found difficult is carrying my USB flash drive around, it's just not portable enough! I can't wait until they make it smaller too!

/sarcasm
  6. Doomedspeed New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just can't wait until they get to a point where i can lose it without noticing, that would be awesome!
  7. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    LIghtest . . . is not a feature I care about, only speed and storage size, pure marketing gimmick, also pricing ?
  8. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    I need to know the exact weight!
  9. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i have a hp drive thats the size of the metal of the USB jack. how can this be lighter?
  10. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    Is yours USB 3.0?
  11. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    no. not sure how USB three can make it heavier.
  12. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Because it has 3.0 of USB power instead of 2.0 therefore simple math would dictate it is 1.0 heavier lol.

Interesting way to make a claim for a world record haha. Their next project should be to make it have a negative weight, THEN I'd be impressed.
  13. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    Not a bad idea! I'm actually waiting for 150% efficient PSU's so I can put some electricity into the grid and earn some money.

I wonder how durable it is, since it's probably made of some thin plastic.
  14. timta2

Thanks Received:
    Is this another USB 3.0 drive that has sub USB 3.0 performance?

With statements like "With a transmission bandwidth of up to 5Gbps, AH350 delivers a maximum transfer speed of up to 60MB/s, which is 2 times faster than the traditional USB 2.0 flash drive", you really have to wonder.

I was reading reviews on Newegg the other day and there are few USB 3.0 drives that actually perform better than USB 2.0 drives. There are some, you just have to look for them.
  15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Thank god there getting lighter as i was having issue's carrying just 2 flash drives. :rolleyes:
    jpierce55 says thanks.
  16. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    cant decide if i should report you for trolling or not.
  17. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Make a USB drive with a balloon affixed to it, filled with helium :D
  18. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    yeah weight has always been such an issue with USB drives :D
    I use my usb flash drive as a dumbell