1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

APK is not returning

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by AshenSugar, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    He made a thread because he felt he was unfairly treated, and I believe he was.
    I think thats pretty fair really, if you're going to get banned for the being pushed and pushed until you get majorly angry then I see no reason why he shouldn't say goodbye, and explain his reasons.

EDIT: Ashensugar made the post to express APK's views.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    he didnt make this i did, to show his side of it, he explained what happened, and from my exp with apk hes not one to lie/imbelish the facts, he accetps his part in it.....
  3. J0N

J0N New Member

Thanks Received:
    It sucks being at the business end of a heavy handed mod or arguement. It has happend to me in the past, and it sucks, I have been completely alienated from a certain forum. Purely through word of mouth. I and a number of other users had posts deleted, and apparently one of these posts contained something majorly out of order. I must stress this wasnt mine, but because I was one of the members with the deleted post, everyone presumed it was me! I was completely alienated from the forums and have not returned since as I was outraged over the way I was treated by both Mods and other users.

I suspect Alec is simply feeling the same way. Dont bitch at him becasue he makes a thread for himself, poor guys just trying to stick up for him.

The mods here 99% of the time do a fantastic job! Although sometimes things slip through and people get pissed, its one of those things that just happens everywhere.
  4. Jadawin

Jadawin

Thanks Received:
    I guess that move somehow shows he doesn't care much about the community if he's not getting praise at the same time. At least that's the impression that move gives me.
  5. Apa New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, at some parts. Some do threads about their departure only for attention, but not all threads about such things are about that.
    As Theonetruewill said, I don't think APK wanted so much, if any, 'attention' by that thread.

Come back APK. You are needed here and will be welcomed back with open arms.
  6. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    Damn, A big storm blew threw TPU last night. It looks like it claimed some victims in it's wake. That is pretty damn sad imo.

I read some on the cause and then the effects of all this. It's pretty fooked up!

With all do respect to APK, don't let some chubb cause you to loose your head (as it seems you did imo) over some crap in the forums. An ass is an ass, no need to post spam about the ass and piss on someone else's parade. I believe I can speak for the TPU community here and say you are regarded as a knowledgeable and valued member of TPU. It would truly be a shame to see some chubb get the best of you and make you leave here for good. My 2 cents is is to say fook the chubbs, we are better then them and they don't deserve our spit.

I said We, I know. I have had some chubbs get all lame with me and attack me in these forums. I posted my reply and brought light on it and then moved on. I have a little knowledge with dumb chubb attacks, the belly crawlers don't even deserve my spit.

Lets hope the offending members get their reality slap and so TPU came move on to the happy shack it should be.

@ Ketxxx, Damn, I thought you already were a mod you cheeky bastard. :p
  7. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    wtf happened/.?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. J0N

J0N New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hat:

9. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Because this one in particular is bothering a lot of people..

Normally we could care less, or be glad to see someone leave.
  10. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    I'd give up my account to see Alec come back. He contributes more than I could ever hope to. However I know this isnt the first time he has been banned from a forum. I think he just needs some time away from it all, and maybe we will meet again. So now we should let it be for we are just ashes and dust. Take a moment of silence, and a deap breath and then get back to what we do best.....making this forum THE PLACE TO BE for finding info, tools, and anything else helpful you could imagine. (thats how Alec would want it I imagine.) Thats why I joined this forum in the first place. Not because of one individual, but because of the knowledgeable COMMUNITY. It's over, Its done. Forward is the only option.
  11. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have a bad thing to say about the moderators here, you have a problem with me.

You've been warned.

I agree that APK was a good bloke, but he should have known to call a mod on the scene to sort the problem before "going off on one" as he freely admits he did.
  12. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I really dont think he cares, nor do I anymore. And I do recall W1z posting a "whats wrong with TPU" thread. You are a good guy Infrared, dont get me wrong, but there are some serious issues here now.

This isn't the same place that I joined last year.
  13. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    +1:(
  14. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    as jc said, i really dont care, and inf it wasnt you, its some of the supermods who think because they have that power they can do whatever the fuck they please including editing posts they dont agree with, infracting/banning people they dont like and leave others who are just as coapable un-scathed.

this situation shows that, really they effectivly told newtekie and others its ok to goad and troll people who are upset with the express perpous of getting them banned.

i have been thretened by mods, i have had posts edited because they critisized mods even tho it wasnt attacking, just trying to explain to new users that how somebody comes across shouldnt be taken personaly.
  15. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    if u don't like the staff here just keep it to your self i know some of them and they are all good guys they only band people if there is a reason thats worth baning them for if u don't like it post in the whats wrong forums and tell w1zzard about it don't create a whole thread about it thats all i have to say
  16. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like alot of the lower staff, but as i said in that topic you speek of(the one nothings being done about apparently) some of the staff need to learn to take critisizem and learn to be an example for the normal members.

good example, danthebanjoman tryed to goad somebody into post warez links....when its clearly against forums rules.........
  17. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    if u are going to keep doing this at least don't use names
  18. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    your advice/oppenion is noted DR.Death.

and i orignaly posted this because it helps stop the mass of pm's i was getting asking what happened with apk, also explains why hes not coming back.
  19. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    In all honesty, the only way to straighten things out is to call people out on their actions, and deal with people as its needed. Athen is not bashing on anyone here, but this is an issue that is very recent and upsets a good amount of people. Yes maybe he went overboard, but at the same rate does that make what NewTekie1 or w/e his name was, does it make what he said and did acceptable?

People all have their limits, and when you push them they will explode, it happens, it will happen, its human nature and there is nothing you can do about it. And some people do browse around and just push and poke at people to get them to blow up.
  20. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunatly i'm inclined to agree. There's few things that need sorting out.

Sorry for getting snappy, i just don't like other staff being criticized when they've acted in an awkward situation.

Hang in there though, we'll get the forums back together. We just need everyone to be a little more constructive.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  21. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hey, no problem. Tension is running a bit high lately.

As for constructiveness, it would take some drastic measures to get this place back. Measures that I dont think are going to be taken.
  22. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Well for that matter we can hope right.
  23. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    This thread isn't helping anything imo.

Complaining isn't the way forward. APK has already said he's not coming back, so lets not dwell on it or pass blame.

The moderators can get frustrated or angry just as anyone else can, but that is why the supermods exist. If you feel like you're being treated unfairly, you should contact a supermod, or as a last resort, W1zzard, don't get involved in an arguement that could potentially get you banned. It's not worth it.
  24. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    this is the 2nd time this has happened with APK honestly dont get me wrong but he does tend to rub some people the wrong way and it appears than caught up with him. though it is sad to loose him oh well maybe he will visit us from time to time
  25. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    APK was a good guy but he was being completely beyond unreasonable last night. In the midst me talking to him and trying to find out what happened, he created 5 user accounts and spammed the forums (which has now been removed). These posts included death threats to newtekie and bashes for Djbbenn. He even went as far as to threaten a DOS attack on the forums, which is completely beyond what anyone has previously done to be banned.

I am sorry to see him go, but he dug his own grave in spite of my efforts.