1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apology

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Charper2013, Nov 13, 2009.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'm really sorry to hear this. <sad> Please accept my condolences.

If you need to talk to someone privately, please feel free to talk in PM with me if you wish. Sometimes it's easier to talk with a stranger about these things.

I lost a work friend about a year and a half ago to pancreatic cancer and that felt really crap for all of us, so I can relate, at least a little bit, to what you're feeling right now.

Binge, DRDNA and Charper2013 say thanks.
  2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Very big of you; we all screw up sometimes. It's how we fix it that matters most. I see that Assassin48 has forgiven you, which is really great. I hope things are a bit better for you now.

Welcome back. :toast:

Charper2013 says thanks.
  3. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man. :eek:

4. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    This thread makes me truly grateful for my caring parents. I'm currently 18 and am in freshman year of college (Computer Engineering major), have a 23 year old sister, and my parents are in their mid-40s. My parents are very successful people, they aren't alcoholics or smokers or druggies, and they've been together for 25+ years. I must say that whenever I needed to go to the doctor or needed help with something, they've been there most of the time. With that said, it's sad to hear about the state of your family, Charper2013.

Most people around me see me as a kind, caring and well-raised young adult, but I have definitely screwed up in the past. As you mature, some things that you may have once found acceptable or harmless may later be seen as the wrong thing to do, and each mistake can be utilized to help you better yourself in becoming a more successful, knowledgeable young man. I recently became an Eagle Scout, and I learned that life is all about making the right decisions. As long as you make good decisions, you can help yourself be, and continue to be, a good person.

I said before that I have made mistakes in the past. Yes, I do think about them sometimes and some of them upset me, but you have to leave the past in the past, and reach for the future. There are many people around who are willing to help you, whether it be on TechPowerUp, your local community, or wherever. Just make yourself known, and people can find you. If all of your problems are hidden away, you could be missing an opportunity.

:)

Charper2013 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow that really made me think. If everyone lived like this the world would be so much better. I appreciate the kindness and the advice.

6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Having grown up with a single alcoholic mother, I know exactly where Charper2013(and Hat) are coming from. The days of missing school because there was no parent sober enough to drive take you, the broken promises, the showing up to parent teacher conferences drunk, waking up Christmas morning to an empty house with no presents under the undecorated tree...

Luckily I had aunts and uncles that helps pick up the pieces that she dropped, and guide me down a better path.

Just keep your head held high, and remember you can't hold yourself responsible for your parents mistakes.

Charper2013 says thanks.
  7. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I swear its like you know me.. This is exactly how its like.

8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, it's good to see you back! I was kinda worried about ya..

Charper2013 says thanks.
  9. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats some kind words bro. Thanks man!

10. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    It is funny(not really) how alcoholics(and other types drug addicts) tend to have the same patterns of behavior.:shadedshu

You learn quickly, at least I did, to not be embarrassed by their actions and instead make sure your actions represent you in a positive manner. This thread is a great example of that, IMO.

Charper2013 says thanks.
  11. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Never thought of it like that.

12. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Regardles of how we are raised, or what are parents are like, each of us is ultimately responsible for who we become. We can choose to play the sad victim and blame all our woes upon others in our lives, of we can step up to the plate and take responsibility and make our lives what we dream they might be. The only person that can hold you back, is yourself.

No one ever said life would be easy, but at tha same time no one ever said that life would be impossible. Believe it or not, a tough life builds character in you that you cannot get anywhere else if you take the time to learn from your experiences. It is that character that will define you as a man in the years to come, and will also temper your attitude with compassion for those that have had to endure a similar life. It is that compassion and the caring for other human beings that is most important. Anyone can become cold and heartless from self pity due to their trials and tribulations in life, but to rise above that and learn to help others who have experienced something similar will teach you what life is really about.

God bless you Charper.

13. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:

Thanks man and this is so very true. I learned this lesson early on.

14. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Damn Kreij, that's probably one of the truest things I've ever read on the internet. Well played.

Charper2013 says thanks.
  15. GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY

Thanks Received:
    For a 15 year old to have enough Cojones to aproach this like an adult should,i commend you Charper 2013.At 48 years of age,it's refreshing to see a younger person with an attitude such as yours.
    Very sorry too here about your families issue with the alcohol,(WORST FRICKEN DRUG on the planet)I've seen way too many good people's life ruined by it.So very saddening.

Charper2013 says thanks.
  16. GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to get off topic here,But, Kreij...You have a way with words that just head straight for the heart.If you ever wrote a book I'd read it,and i don't read books.:respect:

Charper2013 says thanks.
  17. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the compliment and yes it is the worst.. Probably because its legal...

18. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea alcohol can be a bitch i should really slow down on its consumption and have been sober for 15days try to do just that and yes i agree its good to see another young pup step up and man up ;) even tho im only 21 i guess im just a young pup myself yet haha

anyway Life may be hard but i think Sylvester Stallone said it best

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward."

man i love Rocky movies someone should to a rocky montage of case modding lol eye of the tiger and all that

anyway Charper its good to see someone else around here thats young and fighting through these kinds of issues :toast:

anyway man keep moving forward from one TPU member to another keep moving forward dosent matter how hard it gets if u put the effort in you will get something good out of it I know i did :respect:

Charper2013 says thanks.
  19. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man and good luck with the alcohol problem. You can do it bro.

20. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea i can do it done it before lol hard times called for a friend whom i found in a bottle of jack granted hes no longer needed but he still hangs around anyway lol

i can say alcohol has failed to take my sense of humor and so has everything else for that matter

Charper2013 says thanks.
  21. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:

:nutkick:

22. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    crap u beat me to the nut kick ....... how do i top that -_-

anyway man 1 member to another if u feel like bitching about alcohol or other issues shoot me a pm

Charper2013 says thanks.
  23. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok cool. Much appreciated.

24. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Charper, I know you're a good guy, and in life, shit happens. I've lost loved ones, and most recently lost my fiance (her choice), live throws you curve balls all the time. The best thing you can do is keep your head up and keep going on, keep pushing to be that good person...even when it's very hard to do, because that's what seperates the men from the boys imo. If you don't keep pushing, you give up, and giving up is not what we're about. So nice work on creating this thread, coming clean, facing what could've been a rough situation. I'm sorry for your loss, but it's something you along with many will experience and learn from, and it's something that will help you become a better person. Cheers buddy, you've learned a couple of good lessons in this chapter of life, you have many to learn, and hell...so do I yet, but in the end, what's life without the experience of learning something new? You're a good kid, and you're a good person, trust me it'll take you far in life.

:toast:

25. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yep, but I wasn't the only child, I was the oldest, so add to all of that the fact that from the age of 8 yrs old on, I had a brother and sister to look after that were 3 and 4 yrs younger than me, and that will give a rough account of my childhood.

All in all, I just continued to push forward. I made a lot of bad decisions in that time, even so far as becoming a drug addict, but I made it a point to learn from them all. This, I feel, has made me a stronger person, and one that is more able to understand the problems of others. This seems to be the overall direction you are headed, Charper, and I think it's a good one. Just remember tho, one of the biggest mistakes I made in all of this was not going to college (Start aiming for it now. lol.), and the second biggest was doing drugs as a means to escape reality. Avoid those 2 very major mistakes, and you should push through relatively easily if you keep yourself focused and don't give in to despair.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009