1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple iTunes cannot handle the holiday rush of iPods

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Dec 29, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    On Christmas day, there were a lot of gifts of iTunes store gift cards, and Apple iPods of various flavors. Unfortunately, there were too many new Apple products for the iTunes server to handle. The iTunes server crashed when faced with over four times the regular volume of traffic. And so, anyone trying to get into the iTunes store will have download slowdowns of up to 20 minutes, and quite possibly an error message preventing them from even entering the store. Apple was not available for comment on the situation.

Source: The Inquirer

2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Ipods suck, IMO anywho

3. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    At my work, we sold a ridiculous amount of Ipods... When we got a the shipment in, I was out back getting a PC for repair and I saw the boxes of Ipods sitting there. Sold every last one of them. And there was hundreds of the things. :twitch:

-Dan

4. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    couldn't you trown a granade inside each box? :)

5. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd feel like such a dweeb sporting an iPod. Walk around school (college) holding them in their hands in such a way to get people to notice that they own an iPod - as if every 10-17 year old doesn't already have one. Silly college students, iPods are for kids.

6. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I like my iPod. It has more accessories available than any other mp3 player. iTunes and the music store, however, I can do without. Same goes for any DRM protected music service, for that matter. Crappy, low bit rates, AND you can't do as you please with them.

7. note235 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats why we have the internet and bittorrent and hacks for those complaining about protection and limewire...

8. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    ipods blow, as do creative zens, im a uni student, so i know :D here when we want music we steal it from other folk on the uni network :D then we go throw a massive dorm party with lotsa hot chikas!

9. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Some of us prefer to remain legal.

10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Wow! I never thought I would get flamed for not wanting to steal things. I mean, do you go to your local record store, and just walk out with whatever album you want, without paying? It's the same thing, it's all stealing. Let's see, how does it benefit me? Well, of the top of my head, I'll never have to worry about getting sued by the RIAA for an exorbitant amount of money.

But more importantly than that, I've been involved in my local music scene for some time. I help produce, record, mix, and run live sound for a number of local bands. Piracy has a detrimental effect on these self supported or small label artists. Even the artists that are signed, have to pay all the studio, mixing, mastering, and concert expenses back to the label. Prior to my involvment, I saw no problem with downloading music, but now I've seen first hand how it can effect a struggling artist.