1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Patents Game Controller and Console Remote

Discussion in 'News' started by TheMailMan78, Jul 27, 2012.

1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Nintendo signed a contract with Sony to make a CD-ROM addon for the SNES and a SNES with a CD-ROM called the Nintendo Playstation but Nintendo backed out when Sony wanted 25% of the profits so they went to Philips and signed a contract for the units in exchange for the rights to license Nintendo properties. Nintendo ultimately decided not to release a CD-ROM addon but still honored the contract with Philips. Philips launched the CD-I with Hotel Mario and a couple Zelda games that were terrible.

now give me a dollar /holds out hat

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I have not a dollar but I do have a slightly used cookie. :D

BumbleBee says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. evulmunk33

evulmunk33 BitFenix Rep

Thanks Received:
    apple didnt patent a game controller at all, cmon, read the patent :p
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20120188052.pdf

page44 makes it 100% clear in case all the other pages dont.
    the idea is to use a controller to play games on your iDevice, and they probably displayed a dualshock ps3 controller cause its the best bluetooth controller available.
    thats what everybody is using right now to play emulator games on android devices...

the patent is about using iDevices as a controller for others, and to use other controllers to interact with iDevices.
    sounds like apple realized a closed system is pretty boring and might open up interactivity with other devices and standards? fingers crossed!

4. Oxford New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's comforting if you're not gay and don't know that the derogatory usage of the word comes precisely from anti-gay sentiment. People didn't replace the word "bad" with "happy". They replaced it with gay referring to social disapproval of gay people.

People can pretend it has nothing to do with gay people if they want to. Not intending insult is all well and good, but it's still there, like if a little kid uses the n word without knowing what it means. Worse is refusing to understand the facts, which everyone who uses the word does. I've yet to see a single person say "Oh, I didn't know about that. I won't do it again."

People are lining up at Chick-fil-A to tell the news media they're tired of having things "shoved down their throats". I suppose that's about being force-fed Chick-fil-A, not having to cope with the horrific idea that someone might just be treated fairly in their country... It gets old. That's what I'm trying to let people know. It gets very old.

I don't go looking for battles. They come to me practically every day. I can ignore them like most do, or I can waste time talking. Either way, I'm the loser.

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats the most un-gay post I have ever read. You should try being more gay.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Mussels and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  6. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
  7. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info. if thats really gonna happen then Apple's going in the right direction on that patent.