1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Seeks to Patent MacBook Air Design, OLED Brightness

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    While I cannot disagree with the smooth factor of Apple products, their performance and cheap quality parts is utter crap. If you are comparing a I phone to a equal priced and featured phone from samsung, moto, or HTC you will be sorry to know they almost all use the same manufacturers and parts.

Screen, Gorilla glass.
    ARM Processors.
    Samsung (ARM) or Nvidia GPU
    Memory is generic
    Micro SD doesn't become magic when inserted in a Apple

Just make sure to hold your phone this way or use a cover, that is if you want it to work.
    We have no Wifi issues.
    Macs Don't need anti-virus.
    Macs take care of themselves.
    Macs don't break.

YOu can justify to yourself your purchase however you want, but don't try and pawn it off on the rest of us here as being a superior device, its not.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  2. aayman_farzand

Thanks Received:
    Having the idea and actually releasing one is two different things. Why didn't any other company come up with the design first? Why did they start having roughly the same design as the MBA after the MBA's release? If it had been in work for years then it would've been different by now.

I am by no means trying to justify Apple's patent trolling, but completely ignoring the drastic design similarities and saying stuff like 'ripped off from the guy who made the first laptop' is plain blind hating.

The X60 is a great laptop (for its time) but its nothing similar to the MBA, it has an optical drive (yes that is a HUGE difference) and is not natively designed (of the laptop not OS) for SSDs. Its doesnt have a slim profile and is as thick as the laptops back then, just that its smaller thats all.

Its an widely known fact that ht designs of UBs released by Intel is based on MBAs, so if you can't at least credit Apple for that then I have nothing else to say.

3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    I prefer PC/Android/Sansa over iMac/iPhone/iPod

4. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:

You are right, I'm so wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  5. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: windows is crap, we all know that, but choosing iOS over android :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw He systematically destroys iOS.
    It's all the same, eh. That's great except you're getting screwed in the process. One option isn't good. Who is proud of having only one choice, well, what choice. That's it. Group think is horrible.

Then you're basically condoning unethical and illegal behavior to use a crappy device, wow.

And learn how to spell. Hell, it's built in to browsers.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. Octavean

Thanks Received:
    A patent doesn't require the development of new technology. It does allow for the use of existing technology in a new or different way. With all due respect, your question seems to suggest that you were not aware of that fact.

So I don't question the OLED patent application because I don't know enough about how Apple plans to implement it in a new or different way.

I'm calling BS on the wedge design though. It seems sketchy to me for a number of different reasons. It references the basic shape of a palm rest on a keyboard in part or in whole that is not exclusive to Apple hardware and has been in practice for many years before Apple used it.

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah Apple and all this Patent BS is ridiculous. They are restricting innovation in technology. They innovate, now they want it to stop dead in its tracks. Oh and then they sue there competitors when even they made a better product, because of patent infringement on technologies that aren't even Apples.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  8. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    here you go. how is this for quality? Oh wait the Iphone shattered.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jViSKlAeYYs&feature=related