1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple to Announce 42'' and 50'' - Rumor

Discussion in 'News' started by Dark Ride, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Dark Ride Mushkin Rep

Thanks Received:
    PowerPage.org claims that Apple would be releasing 42inch and 50inch Plasma Displays at Macworld San Francisco.

The report describes that the new plasma displays will be powered by Intel's recently announced Viiv multimedia platform running Mac OS X 10.4.4 for x86 (Intel).
    Prices for the displays/computers are reportedly $2599 and $3299

Meanwhile, there have been ongoing reports of a Viiv-Apple connection.

Source: O'Grady's PowerPage

2. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Come on, who has a desk big enough for that? You might as well just go out and buy a plasma TV.

3. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, this is getting rediculous. And I bet their resolution isn't going to be great either. Plasmas usually have lower resolutions but much better colours. And then if it's size you want just go and get yourself a nice projector and a white wall. :rolleyes:

4. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    true but then again projectors are always that bright..not to mention bulbs burning out and what not. the projectors i maintain at school have $102 bulbs... theres a place for anything in this world these days and with the apple logo it will make money.

5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    A 30 inch LCD is currently $2,499.00 at the Apple Store, so the prices of these should be astronomical. More novelty items than actual products.

LOL, I just found this on Applstore as a "feature" of their LCD's-
    :laugh:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  6. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    I dunno. As long as you play or work or surf in TOTAL darkness they're not that bright? ;) They do give a nice cinema feel though... Wish I had the money to get one. I wouldn't replace my monitor, as it's difficult sometimes to read from a projector, but games and movies might just be nice to play on it?

And you'll be able to replace a lot of bulbs since you'd have that much money anyway.. ;) You could just stick to a less bright halogen though? Or those mercury something bulbs? :D