1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple's most successful(and irritating) product: meet the iSmug

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by zanat0s, Sep 6, 2011.

1. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Foorum,

I am a big PC user like all of u, for many reasons: cheaper, freedom, GAMES, liquid cooling. I have had enough of all the people who overpay for the i-products and believe that they have become cool like the Power rangers.

They think getting a iproduct is cool on its own.. Do you any know any ismugs?

I will always be a PC user and an android one. Freedom of data and choice!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. b82rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I too dislike Apple products and am a die-hard PC fan but wtf are you even on about...? :confused:

95Viper says thanks.
  3. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i believe some iSmugs are like religious zealots. You will try to have a conversation of why the prefer Apple.

Once they run out of valid arguments they will go into an iRage and hate you for bursting their bubble.

4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Fixed!! btw this is more suited to genral nonsense, or random ranting and raving though I can't find that sub forum?? :wtf::laugh:

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  5. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    no, i do not think it is.

i really want to understand why people will pay over 400 Euros(choose your currency) to have a machine that does the same things as a PC(and most of the times it does the worst)

i am really curious.

6. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I can see this thread being closed in the not so distant future.

I'm out.

95Viper says thanks.
  7. Anusha

Anusha

Thanks Received:
    shouldn't you ask that from them, the iZealots? we are PC users. we don't care about Apple. (iPhone is different though, imho, though mine is in really bad shape.)

8. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    For the same reason people buy motorcycle choppers (look good, but no suspension on the rear means your ass is going to hurt) and spend thousands of dollars on cars only to effectively make them louder (little/no performance gains): because they can.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Some Apple stuff is worth the money.

10. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Apple is a front for alternative but developed PC software.

They have a pretty vast support group entirely based in the US, and usually offer some of the best solutions for connecting a PC to commercial peripherals in the music and art industry. I'm only going to say they are the best because of the support, and ease of use/installation.

Not going to claim they are anything but a good for a couple industries.

There are some horrible horrible software incompatibilities, and every year I am reminded why I am a PC user.

It's because of this I believe iPod and iPhone saved them in the consumer market, but it is drumming up too much BS.

I sell phones and I keep having to tell people that their iphones are not great business phones due to security issues, and android is really the platform on which to build a phone and apps.

RIM's QNX based phones will be licensed to run android software, and the number of manufacturers pushing innovation is going to drive up the capabilities of their devices.

It's the ego/separatism that is apple which will keep it alive longer, but also stunt innovation in an industry with plenty of intelligent software engineers.

11. caleb

Thanks Received:
    You say Freedom of data and choice and you are annoyed by people that buy what they want. :laugh:

95Viper says thanks.
  12. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Well, I don't, usually, post in this type of thread. Threads of this type will, more than likely, 'cause flaming and trolling.

My opinion is... it is their money, opinion, choice or whatever and they have the right to it.

By your opening post, reading your blog post, and posts at other forums, zanat0s; it is just my opinion, but it seems you are just advertising your blog and posting your disdain for (Apple & it's supporters) and want supporters in this endeavor of yours.

How are they hurting you?
    If you don't like Apple's products or services... don't use them.
    You blog and post a lot about them... Is there a Freudian reason for this?

Me, I dis-like hater threads! Me, I don't use Apples products, because, I dis-like their business model(practices), products(not designed to my tastes), and cost.
    However, I don't bash those who do.

Disclaimer: My Opinion!

Have a nice day!:)

13. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i removed the link. it is not disdain. I am jsut fed up with the izealots. i am bored of their ilove and their i-anything.

I love my PC(and linux) and i think i-people have made fun of us for the last time...

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with my limey friend.

95Viper says thanks.
  15. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's was my point. i stated my reasons for not liking them. and apple people carry themselves with a lot of smugness.

16. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    and you assume those who own a Bugatti Veyron are any less smug? Just sayin'!

95Viper says thanks.
  17. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    No, not my point, though. I post about not liking things; I don't post about people, because they like or dis-like something. I feel their use or non-use of a product or service is their business, not mine and it is not my place to criticize them for it.

This is a tech forum, people being smug is not tech.

18. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Well, maybe because:
    A\ Most of those who buy Apple products (high end ones) are rich people !
    B\ Most of those who buy Apple products are people who take pride in how they -and the equipment they use- look.
    C\ Most -if not all- Apple computers are far more beautiful than their PC competitors.
    D\ Most of the people who are of type B and care more for C care nothing for performance. As long as the said machine can surf the internet, play HD movies, Run iTunes, and has an amazing trackpad that is second to none.

19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    How about doing your job and closing this nonsense, worthless thread?

It's one thing to bash Apple when there's an actual news thread about an Apple product but this is just...I don't know what this is exactly other than being immature bullshit.

If you really hate Apple just ignore them ffs.

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    1) it looks cool
    2) their friends have them
    3) they are simple and easy. broken? send it back. dead battery? send it back.

apple makes it easier on the end user. i prefer !=apple, but i see it's advantages. though they are overpriced imo, people are paying to a)be part of the club, and b) be confident they are less likely to screw it up than with a pc.

i do agree this thread won't end well though ;)

21. zanat0s New Member

Thanks Received:
    i wanted to have a laugh and ther eis no falming(good sign) if u think it willg et out of control we can close it.

22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    mods will do so when they feel it's appropriate, til then keep it civil :)

23. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    zanat0s, you would have done better to post this over on our sister forum, www.generalnonsense.net You can have as many opinons about anything that you want over there.

As it is, this thread has already been moved the the general nonsense part of TPU. Also, your post count doesn't register when posting here.