1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Archos makes 13 inch tablet

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Frick, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/archos-familypad-13-inch-tablet-20120815/

Other than the 13 inch screen (1280x800), it seems fairly cheap stuff. A swedish magazine (which is very reputable) says it'll have a 1Ghz A8, while other sites say 1.5 Ghz A10 (single core). Other than that it's the usual: One HDMI, some USB 2.0, microSD.

I really want to try it actually.

[​IMG]

The magazine says it'll come in the UK by christmas at £275. Kinda hefty premium for the size, but I still want to try one.
  2. reverze

Thanks Received:
    And of course, the best question of all... battery life?
    remixedcat says thanks.
  3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    its using the Allwinner A10 which Allwinner swears is 1.5Ghz but its not, basically they say UP TO 1.5GHZ(This does not mean its 1.5Ghz), other chinese companies did the same thing as well like AMlogic.

I have had like 3 tablets with this cpu and it is old now, I would say avoid it as it does have good video playback performance but other than that its not really that good and not even most china tablets(those that used it mainly) use it anymore, most have moved onto the RK3066 and AML8726MX, both of which are far more powerful and reasonably cheap, the only thing it really has going for it is its big screen.