1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV problem -gtx titan

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by fluffyou, Jul 13, 2014.

1. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    wonder if i installed it right. power cable 12v. to a 4pin from psu. did a gpu-z render test. jumped to 95c in seconds..

2. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    Disassemble the card again / cooler and look if the cooler makes contact with the GPU , look if there is a gap in between, you should see the Termeralpaste be spread if it made contact.

3. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    thats how i check too. i have generic gloop and then decent stuff. (you can get 30g of the generic stuff for like £3 on feebay) small blob a bit less than a pea on the actuall die. then tighten her up. take it off again and if it spread good repeat with the good stuff.
    i do the same for cpu's for a 1st mount. some times im lazy and just use the generic gloop. but i guarantee i change it for better stuff within a month.

4. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    Bought arctic silver paste before. I'll check. What about the fan. Just plug the 12v to a 4 pin from psu? Thanx for the advice so far

5. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    The cooler should come with the fan be able to plug into your Graphic card
    [​IMG]

fluffyou says thanks.
  6. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    could this be the problem.

7. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
  8. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    Yes that is the problem as you can see only the top makes contact the other side wasn't making contact = not enough pressure= or something went wrong while you installed it make sure to leave no GAPE in between.

And i just took a look usually they have you plug it into your card but this version seem to make you plug it right into your Molex so just connect the fans via the adapter that came with it

9. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like the base of the cooler is not level when installed. Either you have a capacitor or resistor causing a crooked mounting issue, or you improperly tightened the cooler to the card.

As to the fan power, it looks like they offer a Molex to 7V/12V adapter, you can use that. However, they mention software control of the fan, so there has to be a way to power the fan from the graphics card.

10. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    Also i think you places the distance holder to early on the wrong side Take these off and you should have enough pressure place thoes withe nobs ONCE you have it in place on the other side of the card on the back.[​IMG]

fluffyou says thanks.
  11. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    comes w 1 1mmm washer and 1 more 1,5mm according to manual u use 1mm.

and manual said those 4. marked as 3. so fo a geforce gtx titan. any advice

12. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

13. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    lose the spacers or get some 0.5mm plastics ones at the hardware
    the manual is only a guide every card is different looks like it may be hitting the Vram so you may be screwed either way

14. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    make sure the spacers dont hang on the smd caps at the bottom there if they do then get rid of all the spacers. or trim the ones that get caught on the caps so they clear.
    i cant see where els it could be catching for that bad of a contact though.. it looks like you only managed to secure the top 2 holes. and psossibly the bottom left..

fluffyou says thanks.
  15. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    i Agree after viewing the image full-screen it looks like its catching on the two bottom SMD caps he needs to be careful or hes gonna end up with a dead card if he damages those deffinately should trim the edges off those spacers or simply get some smaller ones

fluffyou says thanks.
  16. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    Thanx all for the help. Cool,29c idle and 40 when gaming. Gonna wait some before I do stress tests. Usually use Aida64. Any other suggestions.. :)

17. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    Heaven Benchmark 4.0 is What i use.

And what did you do in the end to get it onto your card? Did you remove the washers?

18. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    gputest 0.7 is what i use for burn in... (lots of tests, not just furmark)...

19. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    don't use furmarks stress test mode unless you like melted VRM's stick with bench mark mode and set the timescale to 10m

20. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    but if you are looking for a "weak" burnin' test "gimark" in gputest 0.7 fits the bill (bonus... also works in linux) or tessmark but that is another VRM meltin' GPU test...

with the advent of "coin" mining... use a bitcoin/litecoin miner... to test the GPU.

21. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    i used washers from my asus mb. leftovers. less than 0.5mm. and the thermal pads on one side was not as flat as the other beacuse of the plastic that u supposed to cut and have there. took it off. works now. but have to say. it wouldnt fit on pci slot 1. had to move to 3. and even then had to use a hammer to get it to lock down:p.

that patented back side needs a saw if i want to move it up a bit.

22. fluffyou

fluffyou

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

23. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    that doesn't quite sound right..

24. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Usually when you have put the VGA cooler on correctly, with the right paste application, you will know immediately if it is mounted correct as the idle temperature should be between 1 to 5*C above ambient and not higher. I have found this to be the case with a couple graphics cards. If its 10*C or more above ambient at the idle then the load is going to be very very high (like +20*C too high)