1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Cooing Silencer on a X800XTAIW

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AsphyxiA, Apr 21, 2006.

1. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    So my friend Nate bought an X800XTAIW a few months back. It is actually a very nice card but there was one thing that was flawed about it, the cooler, one of the most important parts! Not only was the fan loud at low RPMs but the heatsink was rather shitty. I believe that it was actually made out of brass (does this make sense to anyone). Seeing as how I had just aquired AC silencer 5, I thought I might donate my ACS 4. Had to do a little modifying to the cooler but im very proud of the results actually:cool: This is sort of a work in process. Im going to completely revamp the entire back plate and put copper ram sinks there instead. As for performance, not only is it quieter but it cools soooooo much better. With stock it idled at a whopping 50 c :twitch: now it idles at a nice 34 c. Plus I found out that this card just has a ton of overclocking potential. clocked the GPU to 540 and the RAM to 590. No artifacts and the card GPU never got above 45c!

Attached Files:

2. Juggernaut1987

Juggernaut1987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks very good!