1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic cooler

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by cookiemonster, Dec 15, 2012.

1. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    The fans you have are adequate. You wouldn't want fans blowing out the bottom of the case; fans at the bottom should be taking air in (hot air rises). Most cases you buy new that have fans at the bottom have the fans pulling air in.

You seem to have a pretty good bead on things so I probably won't say much more. Just one question; the screenshot you posted from FurMark with the GPU @ 99%, how long was it running like that? If you're topping out in the 60s/70s with your cooler, I'd say you've had a success!

cookiemonster says thanks.
  2. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    Hi ran Furmark for 31mins approx with fans at 55%, tried fans at 100% and the noise didn't increase much definately not as noisy as the stock cooler and at 100% the temps went down below 60 degrees, so i am pleased with the cooler, will do me now till the 8970 comes out hopefully. thanks for all the help and advice

3. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    sorry these are the readings i got.

Attached Files:

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Cool, you tried checking the temps with GPU-Z too ?, only reason i ask is i find one of my temps from the gpu much higher than the rest.. And if 62 is the actual highest temp although 72 is well in the safe zone.

5. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    Not bad results at all, really.

However, I wouldn't run FurMark on an ATI card after my experience with the 4870's and this programme... not unless you have FC waterblocks, any way. Break out your favourite game as the temperatures from that will be meaningful rather than useless "benchmark" numbers and, usually, unrealistic load/temps.

Also, give this a go: LINK

It's pretty much the paid version of Hardware Monitor but for free... probably won't report any different temperatures but it will show you a more comprehensive and complete view of your systems various sensors. :toast: