1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by mrhuggles, May 9, 2009.

1. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
  2. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    its much better than stock cooler. i have it on my e7300 overclocked to 3.6 1.3vcore and it gives me 60c maximum on extreme load and 25c idle

3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Xigmatek's offer a much better performance for around the same price. Plus it's deactivated.

4. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    +1, right now, xigmatek offers the best price vs performance

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    AC F7P is an awesome cooler for the size and price, but is older. I ran one on quite a few OC'd dual cores w/o issues, highly recommended. For a quad though, it'd pwn the stock cooler, but in overclocking you would be limited to an extent due to higher temps in comparison to say a Xigmatek S1283. The xig as others have suggested is an awesome cooler, albiet larger, uses a 120mm fan, it is definately worth it if overclocking is the goal. In fact, I'm running a xig on my q6600 now, you don't NEED the crossbow backplate kit, many will recommend it, if you notice your board flexing from the pressure of the clips, get the backplate kit, otherwise, I wouldn't worry. I ran a long time w/o it and had no issues, I got it for super cheap otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I also added a Scythe 120x38mm fan to replace the decent stock fan, brought temps down a little as the fan moves more air, I had to use a seperate fan controller (spare Zalman Fanmate II), so more wires, more stuff to deal with. The stock Xig fan is fine, run it at 100%, it is fairly quiet and moves a decent amount of air, plenty to cool a q6600, my first q6600 was cooled with a bone-stock s1283 and push-pin clip mounting without issues, and temps were similar to what I get on this q currently. If you can fit this cooler in your rig it's worth it for sure. Even better if your case has top mounted fans for exhaust, direct the cooler to exhaust that way, I've noticed about a 1-2c drop in temps from doing this in cases designed with top exhaust fans. It depends on your goals with that quad, but a xig is definately the way to go for price/performance.

:toast:

6. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    everyone yells XIGGY!!, and i would too as i'm sure you yourself have heard of them. But the AC Freezer Pro 7 works fine for my CPU. I have my q6600 oc'd to 3ghz @ 1.22v(vdroop, load) and 1.24v(vdroop, idle) with my temps staying at 35-37celcius at idle, around 52-54 load. Mind the max temp for q6600 is 71 by intel, and we can pump 1.5v b4 voiding warranty :). So it's satisfied me. Great cooler for the price, oh and i used AS5 for the TIM.

7. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had one a while back and it's much better than a stock cooler. You can do some mild overclocking with it but as stated there are much better option on the market now for a similar price.

8. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
  9. Creatre

Creatre

Thanks Received:
    I'm about to upgrade to the XIG s1283 myself, and I've been running the Freezer 7 for about a year. My temps have been through the roof all along though, and I'm only running 3.51ghz out of my q6600. Hoping to daily at 3.6ghz with the cooler temps of the s1283. :rockout:

10. Th0rn0

Th0rn0 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the freezer 7 pro is one of the best budget coolers going! It beats most expensive coolers.

Pro Tip: When you get it set it to aim for the lowest temp and the lowest fan speed at disabled or 0%. Then it is whisper quiet.

11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
  12. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    its a very good cooler for dual core cpu's but for overvolted quads i would get something a little bigger or take the stock fan off and put high speed 92mm + 80mm fans onto it

13. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    yep, when i boot into 3.6ghz @ 1.48v temps are round 56 idle :D. so the Freezer Pro isn't great for high oc's but for low-mediocre oc's it'll perform fine. The Xiggy that Wile E is recommending is very good, only bout 1-2 celcius warmer than the S1280 on average. I'd jump on S964 instead of the Freezer Pro 7