1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Shows Off Freezer i30 and A30 CPU Coolers

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 11, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Arctic showed of two nearly-identical CPU coolers, the Freezer i30 and Freezer A30. The two are identical till the point where the i30 is designed for Intel sockets only (LGA2011, LGA1155/1156), while the A30, for AMD sockets only (AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2). The two share a tower-type aluminum fin-stack heatsink design, capable of handling thermal loads of up to 320W.

The heatsink uses four 8 mm thick exposed-copper heat pipes that make direct contact with the CPU at the base, and pass through the heatsink, which is then ventilated by a 120 mm PWM-controlled fan with a fancy-looking frame. Rubber standoffs attach the fan to the heatsink dampening vibrations. The retention clips come attached to the heatsink out of the box. A 0.5g syringe of Arctic MX-4 compound is included, while the coolers' base don't come with the compound pre-applied.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Can't change fans due to these being special :( -10 points!

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    I eagrly await to see AC's answer to Scythe's Yasya\Mugen3\Ninja3 coolers at the super low cost but yet top notch performance. The Freezer Xtreme was barly close to that

4. imitation

imitation New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like standard mounting holes to me. The only difference to a regular 120 should be the fancy design, but that is purely eye-candy with no added functionality.
    I see no obvious reason why Arctic would want to make the fan non-user-changeable.

EDIT: I checked on Arctic's website, and it said this:
    The F PWM fan is a regular-sized fan, no different from any other.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. cloudwan New Member

Thanks Received:
    In this day and age why do they still make separate platform HSF is still beyond me.. :banghead:
    With most of their competitor making HSF with mounting for both type of platform, to me this is -50 points for me.. :shadedshu

6. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    LOL i30, Hyundai mustn't be too happy about that name with their Hyundai i30 car =.=

7. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Why are they calling it Freezer ? That thing can't freeze jack shit ! Another re-brand is what I see . Every one of these freezers look exactly the same apart from the fan . So the fan blades being what makes it get so cold if FREEZES ? Good GOD what is with them . They have the same number of Heat pipes on ALL OF THEM ! Just keep Re-branding the same thing put a white fan on it make the tin find a bit more loos looking . GOD !

8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    the fan looks pretty good

9. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the white fan blades make the air cooler as is spins it through the fins .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  10. lilricky New Member

Thanks Received:
    After emailing Arctic, I was told that those fans simply have a decorative faceplate on them, and you can use any 120mm fans you want, with or without the faceplate.