• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are Multiple 12-volt Rails Better Than A Single 12-volt Rail?

curt

Processor amd phenom II x4 955be @4.2gh 1.4v 24/7 max so far 4.6gh 1.5v in windows
Motherboard asus crosshair V well cooled
Cooling dd mc tdx block with 10000btu a/c rad with cold air piped from outside
Memory ocz low volt reapers 1600mh @ 1667mh 8.8.8.20 1.6v
Video Card(s) bfg gtx 280 1gig core has hit over 733mh
Storage 2 intel 40gb ssd.s in raid 0/ 1tb seagate 7200.12
Display(s) 2x 19inch non wide lcd.s
Case none sits on back plate from a case lol
Audio Device(s) sb xfi extream music [pci]
Power Supply #1corsair tx850 for mobo/vid #2 enermax true 460wat for hd.s/cd/fans
Software xp pro/7 64bit [biggest comp out of 3 i run]
Benchmark Scores the marks ar well ownage lol
hey

ok at first i thout dule 12v line psu.s had the 2-4 12v lines conected some where to give u an evin 40 amps boy was i rong

i have a antec sp-500 12v rail 1 runes everything but the p4 lil square plug an 12v rail 2 runs the p4 plug wich i think is kinda dumb what if the board u run dun have that lil 4 pin plug then 12v rail 2 is use less so i hard wired them together in side i know the psu works but havent tryed it on a comp yeat

so now both 12v rails run together

my main system is still quite happy running my enermax 460 single 12v line at 33amp with 3 hd.s 2 raided an a 12amp 7800gs

i allso know some psu.s ar well smart like my enermax

if your sittin in windows doing nothing the volts look kinda low

11.83v
but once i fire up a game it jumps an steays steady

Last edited:

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
4 psu 2 with 1 12v rail, 1 1with quad and 1 with dual ok so there all about the same except for the 12v rails. i was told i should get the SILVERSTONE SST-ST56ZF, but eventually i will go a dx10 graphics card, and don't want to get another psu when that happens. SO, now after posting this topic i dk which one to get.....:cry:

curt

Processor amd phenom II x4 955be @4.2gh 1.4v 24/7 max so far 4.6gh 1.5v in windows
Motherboard asus crosshair V well cooled
Cooling dd mc tdx block with 10000btu a/c rad with cold air piped from outside
Memory ocz low volt reapers 1600mh @ 1667mh 8.8.8.20 1.6v
Video Card(s) bfg gtx 280 1gig core has hit over 733mh
Storage 2 intel 40gb ssd.s in raid 0/ 1tb seagate 7200.12
Display(s) 2x 19inch non wide lcd.s
Case none sits on back plate from a case lol
Audio Device(s) sb xfi extream music [pci]
Power Supply #1corsair tx850 for mobo/vid #2 enermax true 460wat for hd.s/cd/fans
Software xp pro/7 64bit [biggest comp out of 3 i run]
Benchmark Scores the marks ar well ownage lol
hey

ok the antec 500wat that was modded so both 12v rails run together an its running this comp im typeing on no more noise from the psu playing games an dosent seam to be struggeling to run it any more yay

just dont buy a 25 doller 500wat lol that a givin

just get a half desint name brand one an u should be ok like i sead my enermax is a true 460wat has run every thing i throw at it so far an the one i had before this was a 435wat lasted 3 years till my water cooler driped some condesation on it :eek: only prob i ever had was when it got dirty shut off an wouldent come back on cleaned the psu an it was fine

i only recomend the older dell psu.s if u plan to run 2 psu.s in total cus alot of the dells an compaq psu.s have volt ajusters in side :) oh what fun for your mobo some of the newer ones do this antec does not neather does my ener max

but when its only the board running off the modded dell one i get some nice oc.speeds

thers one they sell like that to its like a 600w with ajusters far all the rails sepritly but was high $$

lol this psu i got frm a dell the one this comp was runnen on is a hipro 253m/n 250wat 12v rail reated at 14 wats an runs this comp fine evin with my power suckin ti4200 on the mobo

now the antec is rated at 17a on 12v rail one y was it havin ishews when a 14a psu from 1998 newer tech amazes me is the sadest ways some times

the antec is doing fine with the rails conected thow

i guess that thing u sead about trapped power is true

Last edited:
System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
@ Niko084; What do you think of I STAR PSU's?

After reading a bunch of reviews on them, and looking further into them and the kind of business they do. I get the opinion they make a very rock solid, stable, great output power supply. They are very bland and boring looking, but according to everything I came by they are just amazing in output and stability.

Note- People say they are pretty loud....

Remember they make a lot of their stuff for servers, so loud isn't a problem to them. I can't say how loud personally I have not had one, but people say they are pretty loud.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Mouse Logitech G502x
Niko if you had read what i said, and done some extra research you would have disproved your own post. there are very few power supplies with multiple generation circuits, mutli-rail psus are single rail with power sectioned off so no one part can draw enough to melt the wiring. if the voltage on one rail drops so does the other, aka how dual/tri/quad rail psus have been proven a hoax.

if they were all true multi rail and you plugged two different rails into say an 8800gtx, the different voltages would end up shorting things out.

to this day the only way they can fit dual/tri/quad power conversion circuits into one casing is by making it larger and packing it full. no cheap light psu will be dual rail, just seperated circuits.

finally it is a better design yes, in theory. it was simply made by intel due to their high draw pentium ds and presscots. they wanted to be sure they would not overdraw any one wire and melt the harness (which has happened a time or two). it is simply a limiter of a bunch of wires/a trip point per say. if the current goes over that trip point the psu shuts off to make sure nothing will start melting.

atx12v is just a cop-out for psu manufacturers so they can use cheap smaller gauge wire. this is non-issue with higher end parts but the higher end is a small margin compared to big box workstations and home pcs.
@GLD - which one of these is a $100? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=58&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

Ohh okay here I see what you are saying now.

Now that is true, I was tired and mis understanding half the things I relying to over the last few days.. And that is another thing you do have to look at is if the psu is true fully supported multi rail or not.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Mouse Logitech G502x
4 psu 2 with 1 12v rail, 1 1with quad and 1 with dual ok so there all about the same except for the 12v rails. i was told i should get the SILVERSTONE SST-ST56ZF, but eventually i will go a dx10 graphics card, and don't want to get another psu when that happens. SO, now after posting this topic i dk which one to get.....:cry:

That 56f is not a very hot psu....

Any of the other 3 should be more than sufficient for a single 8800.
As long as you don't run 4 hard drives at 15k, overclock like a crazy man, and use 8 sticks of ram.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
I wonder if half the people who spout their unfounded knowledge of mutli-rail power supplies have actually got a meter out and measured their components under loads.

Niko, Mgrant?

I don't know where YOU got the info, but I think you should try a few hardwire-on-hand tests. There is no such thing as true combined multi-rail amps, it's still coming from the same power source; there are a few companies that have a 'combining' architecture that supposedly meshes the rail amperage together when required, but the efficiency is awfully low, it's unstable, and it doesn't give you twice the amperage(or three times/four times etc), rather it's 20A+20A = 30 or 31A; you lose power efficiency in the process.

If I'm not mistaken your PSU model and it's similar product line are four rails rated at 12v each, not 12/12/18/18. The "62" amps they speak of is maximum overload, not maximum safe excluding overhead. And the funny part is, in your decision to make up the number for the third and fourth rail of your model you must have miscalculated because you left out to 2amps; unless of course you were being conservative for overhead purposes :)

The rule of thumb is, (and especially for gaming) mutli-rail PSU is a hoax.

Intel was forced to put time into safety technology and then later pulled their findings, admitting that multi-rail power supply was essentially pointless.

Unfortunatley by that time, two years had passed and the market had been bloated with this 'new' technology for PSUs. Even more unfortunate, it became so believed by the masses and computer geeks alike, that companies are STILL getting away with pulling the wool over consumers eyes, by marketing super hyper flashy high wattage ATX 2.2 units.

It's no coincidence that it's difficult to find single rail units supplying over 20 amps to a single rail. Fortunatley, some higher end, or oddball companies are retreating from the saturated multi rail market and are offering up the power that we actually need.

Niko I think you reading 900 pages is what's gotten you confused, like countless other unknowing people. If you'd just found one page, the first page, with the right information you're brain wouldn't hurt as much :)

Whoever said multiple GPU with a multi rail PSU made me almost choke. I wouldn't even dare try that. Personally I don't see how other people can even sleep at night, risking running $1,000 worth of GPU cards on such horrible power supplies.

You get a big damn case and mount two single rail high amp units.

The thing that ices the cake, is that because of this market, the companies that sell these products don't give you the most vital information : the amps on the 12v rail.

Freak, if you are only using one late modern GPU, then a 550-600 watt 34+ single rail PSU will do you and your other components fine. Fortunatley you can get one for about $100-120 USD, from a Tier 1 quality manufacturer such as Silverstone.

Or you can pay $250 + for some absurd 800 watt that will never fully power your card.

I'm quoting this again so people can read it. This person tells the truth of the matter. To sum it up muti rail psu's are bullcrap!!! :rockout:

It's amazing how no one offers a thank you or rebuttal to what this person said. And, I believe some of the misinformation posted in this thread needs to come to a stop. It doesn't take much to realize to buy a decent single rail PSU for your needs over a multi-rail psu or a mutli rail modular PSU (I haven't found a single rail modular yet) thats inefficient, over-rated and underpowered with each additional rail installed.

Also note, there is no standard business practice to show you how that PSU performs at around 30C+. Nor is their any labeling of what to expect from the 12V, 5V and 3.3V. Anyone who believes that it's OK to have a psu that's rated at 12V to operate at 11.80V , 5V to operate at 4.80V and 3.3V to operate 3.20V or 12.20V, 5.15V and 3.38V is dilated. Your video card, ram, cpu HD and MB all require specific voltage (optimal voltage) in order to work correctly. That means (unless instructed otherwise, which is rare) if you are required to have 12V, 5V and 3.3V then you need a psu that will provide exactly that. For one, that is why you stay away from modular PSUs (for starters). Secondly, you test this with a multi-meter under load. Third, research reviews for that PSU which provides other important information like voltage performance, fluctuation, ripple, efficiency, etc.

Personally, I've found no manufacture that has come close to PC P&C (based on my needs).

Here is how you check your 12V, 5V and 3.3V

yellow + black 12V

red + black 5V

orange + black 3.3V

This isn't for the inexperienced, you have to know how to operate a voltmeter and you have to know what you are doing when using a voltmeter with live wires, connections, etc. I am not recommending this to those who rarely do this or haven't done this before.

Last edited:

MGrant1957

If you read my first post....

you would see that the 12v rails are rated for:
12v rail#1 is rated for 18Amps MAX
12v rail#2 is rated for 18Amps MAX
12v rail#3 is rated for 30Amps MAX
12v rail#4 is rated for 30Amps MAX
3.3v rail is rated for 30Amps MAX
5v rail is rated for 30Amps MAX
12v#1+12v#2+12v#3+12v#4 Combined is rated to 62Amps.

Since I have been hand-building Power Supplies for some years, Starting with a MULTI-TAP Transformer that CAN give you multiple 12v rails with a common ground, then run the outputs (Plural) through a full-wave bridge rectifier, followed by the filter capacitors, surge current limiter resisters and voltage regulator/current limiter diodes.

The real limiting factor is the TRANSFORMER.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I'm quoting this again so people can read it. This person tells the truth of the matter. To sum it up muti rail psu's are bullcrap!!! :rockout:

It's amazing how no one offers a thank you or rebuttal to what this person said. And, I believe some of the misinformation posted in this thread needs to come to a stop. It doesn't take much to realize to buy a decent single rail PSU for your needs over a multi-rail psu or a mutli rail modular PSU (I haven't found a single rail modular yet) thats inefficient, over-rated and underpowered with each additional rail installed.

Also note, there is no standard business practice to show you how that PSU performs at around 30C+. Nor is their any labeling of what to expect from the 12V, 5V and 3.3V. Anyone who believes that it's OK to have a psu that's rated at 12V to operate at 11.80V , 5V to operate at 4.80V and 3.3V to operate 3.20V or 12.20V, 5.15V and 3.38V is dilated. Your video card, ram, cpu HD and MB all require specific voltage (optimal voltage) in order to work correctly. That means (unless instructed otherwise, which is rare) if you are required to have 12V, 5V and 3.3V then you need a psu that will provide exactly that. For one, that is why you stay away from modular PSUs (for starters). Secondly, you test this with a multi-meter under load. Third, research reviews for that PSU which provides other important information like voltage performance, fluctuation, ripple, efficiency, etc.

Personally, I've found no manufacture that has come close to PC P&C (based on my needs).

Here is how you check your 12V, 5V and 3.3V

This isn't for the inexperienced, you have to know how to operate a voltmeter and you have to know what you are doing when using a voltmeter with live wires, connections, etc. I am not recommending this to those who rarely do this or haven't done this before.
Although I know modular supplies are a little more inefficient than standard ones, it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad. mine puts out 12.03v, 3.38v, and 5.06v as measured by the bios.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Mouse Logitech G502x
you would see that the 12v rails are rated for:
12v rail#1 is rated for 18Amps MAX
12v rail#2 is rated for 18Amps MAX
12v rail#3 is rated for 30Amps MAX
12v rail#4 is rated for 30Amps MAX
3.3v rail is rated for 30Amps MAX
5v rail is rated for 30Amps MAX
12v#1+12v#2+12v#3+12v#4 Combined is rated to 62Amps.

Since I have been hand-building Power Supplies for some years, Starting with a MULTI-TAP Transformer that CAN give you multiple 12v rails with a common ground, then run the outputs (Plural) through a full-wave bridge rectifier, followed by the filter capacitors, surge current limiter resisters and voltage regulator/current limiter diodes.

The real limiting factor is the TRANSFORMER.

Exactly.

And voltage drops even in the least is not good... If optimum is 12, you should run as close to 12 as possible. Too much you start to have problems, too little you also start to have problems..

There is a part a lot of people don't realize. Everyone knows too much voltage is bad, what they don't realize is even slightly under voltage is bad also, when you under voltage something and it requires more power, it just draws more amps... Thats really bad... It's like when you have a bad alternator and battery in your car and you have to start it on low volts all the time,what happens? Your starter burns out... Now 11.8 compared to 12.0 sure not a big deal there, but enough to drive me nuts personally.

Odd's are on my next psu, I will take it apart and stack it with capacitors to get it as close to perfect voltage as I possibly can. Overkill - yes... But I'm a nut about it and want it as close to perfect as I can get it. I have also been considering building my own psu at some point. There are really a very simple design if you know what your looking at.

Multi-rail, single-rail they both work, they have both existed for a long time, and before the P4s. I'm not saying one is really better than the other. It's more of a choice thing, which one would you like, and whats available.

To put it down simple, either one in a good quality psu will handle anything you can throw at it.

Oh--- My friend has dual x7950s on a 4 rail i-star 750watt, he runs 3 scsi 320 10k drives, optical, fans, basic stuff. He has a e6600 and 2 gigs of ram. Absolutely no issues at all.
4-rail psu rated at 750 watts. So it just goes to show that multi rail can hold it as well. Key being buy a *GOOD* one.

FYI- the 7950s he hasn't tested them pulling more than 4.7amps off the pci-e plug each. So whats the sense in a single rail, when his pci-e plugs can give out 18 amps from their rail?

Well if the 7950 will pull 4.7 and Nvidia says their 8800 will pull 5.5... I don't see any issue coming up here. And thats being realistic. The psu costs about $200 everywhere I find it.

@Namslas90-
Looks like that i-star will do grand! I was talking to him last night and I started talking about power supplies, he said he had it and it ran like a dream. He also said its not really as loud as he thought it would be, but its fairly loud.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Mouse Logitech G502x
Although I know modular supplies are a little more inefficient than standard ones, it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad. mine puts out 12.03v, 3.38v, and 5.06v as measured by the bios.

Ya modulars aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The key is being you have the extra connection just to make sure it stays tight. Another trick would be to use a little dielectric grease inside the connections to just aide that much more in current transfer. I myself am ordering a modular to replace my current one with my new system build. I'll post some voltages at idle, and full load after I get it all done.

ex_reven

small question, someone said something about voltage drops when you have multiple rails

wouldnt a single rail suffer similar problems? I remember being told a while back that if there is an increase in voltage, resistance in the cable increases, which is why at high voltages cables can burn out. Would a multi rail psu reduce this resistance?

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
do u think that a 750 watt psu with a single 12v rail with 60 amps is good enough for my system:

q6600
asus p5b deluxe
8800gts
dvd burner
250 gig 7200 rpm sata hdd
antec 900 case
cruical balistix 8000 (1000mhz)
and SILVERSTONE DA750 ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817256017
That psu is more than enough for what you have. Hell, you could run a 8800GTX SLI setup on a 60a psu.

MGrant1957

Does anybody out there listen to an electronic engineer?

PC Power and Cooling does make very good single-rail Power supplies. However, that does not mean that modular systems are junk. any good power supply will have full-wave rectification. several large capacitors for filtering the output of the rectifier, surge current resistors, voltage clamping diodes, power-factor correcting capacitors/inductors, and regulator circuits to keep things in line. the real limiting component in ANY power supply is the transformer, be it a single-tap or multi-tap. a single transformer can have dozens of taps , each one giving a different output voltage. if the Primary coils (ie 120v side of the transformer) are of a sufficient gage, and the input power cord as well, then it can supply enough magnetic flux density to power anything you can through at it.

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
Does anybody out there listen to an electronic engineer?

PC Power and Cooling does make very good single-rail Power supplies. However, that does not mean that modular systems are junk. any good power supply will have full-wave rectification. several large capacitors for filtering the output of the rectifier, surge current resistors, voltage clamping diodes, power-factor correcting capacitors/inductors, and regulator circuits to keep things in line. the real limiting component in ANY power supply is the transformer, be it a single-tap or multi-tap. a single transformer can have dozens of taps , each one giving a different output voltage. if the Primary coils (ie 120v side of the transformer) are of a sufficient gage, and the input power cord as well, then it can supply enough magnetic flux density to power anything you can through at it.

Nothing against you man, but you are trying to explain japanese to a 4 year old. Few of us know the exact nature of power supplies, we just know what setups are used and how they output power. If you can break down the key difference between single tap/multi tap we would understand more and be able to give comment.

I do know that for the cheaper "uber high wattage" power supplies they often use cheap caps, and a single transformer. The high end 1000w-1200w psus I've seen have had large and multiple transformers, usually one for the 5v/3.3v/etc and one or two for the 12v lines. From there the lines are seperated out by fuses to prevent overload etc.

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Everyone always points to that article, but they never seem to realize that it is posted on the website of a company that builds power supplies.

I disagree with the majority of what that site says, IMO it creates more bad myths than it actually addresses.

ANd the little fact you leave out, is that its posted on the company that makes the uncontested best PSU's available.

I Have one. You may say Bias, but This thing is amazing. (Yes, I have used a powerstream to compare this to. its just no contest in quality)

The only reason I would really see going multi rail is to save money.

I don't see any BENEFITS to doing it.

Last edited: