1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are my temp sensors dead?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by ShadowFold, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Realtemp reads 29c-29c idle and 29c-29c load. After like 30 mins of 3 prime instances ONE OF THE CORES hit 30c. CoreTemp reads the same but 10c higher and does the same. This is at 3.166ghz and yes both cores were at 100% load. Is my Xigmatek really doing that good of a job or what?
  2. JoshBrunelle

Thanks Received:
    Have you always had that cooler? What were temps like before, and what kind of voltage are you throwing at it? There are plenty of issues all over the net about 45nm temp sensors. Mine seem to be fine right now though. Did you try the built in test that checks your sensors?
  3. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    my BE runs 29-30c under full load overnight running a lapped 1283 with fan on 100% i don't think your temps are right but them maybe
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. unclewebb

unclewebb RealTemp Author

Thanks Received:
    Probably not. It sounds like some stuck temperature sensors to me. Does the RealTemp Test Sensors feature show any movement? Run this test while your processor is idle and it should show some movement on each core.

These sensors frequently get stuck at low temperatures but if you create enough heat they will go up sooner or later.