1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are there any...

Discussion in 'Games' started by etrigan420, Feb 3, 2010.

1. etrigan420

etrigan420

Thanks Received:
    Decent mulitplayer FPS games out that for people that suck at multiplayer FPS's?

Hi, my name is Matt, and I suck at multiplayer.

In all honesty the last FPS I played online was Quake 2. Played it for about an hour...it wasn't really the fact that I sucked so hard at it that bothered me, it was the fact that everyone felt the need to *tell* me I sucked so hard at it.

Then I find myself raging at some 13 year old kid...not because he's owing me, that's to be expected...but because he's blabbering on and on about "you %^&*(g SUCK AT THIS GAME" smf blah, blah, yackety schmackety. My fragile ego just couldn't handle it.

I almost unloaded on my 8 year old son when I saw him teabagging some poor soul in Halo 3. I've been the "teabagee"

...so yeah...any decent one's out there for us teabagee's?

EDIT fir speling

2. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Team Fortress 2 has an easy learning curve and is team based. Quake Live is around on the net as is Battlefield Heroes (heroes matches u to servers based on preferences and ability).

etrigan420 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    i hear u ,, i would recommend a game where u can get beefed up,,, i used to play Unreal Tournament back in 2000 or whenever it came out,, and i loved to collect extra health and get full armor, :) anyway a more recent game.. Team Fortress 2, there are diff character u can select to play with ,, and well,, one of them is BIG, has lots of health and a big gun,, so that makes me feel like i can take a few extra shots before i go down

4. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    And dont forget the heavy and a medic combo is awesome sauce when u run in w/ uber and kick some azz!!!

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. DirectorC

DirectorC New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is a little game I like to play, it's called 'practice' :D

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    to be honest, any game you go into there will always be players better than you. You just need to practice in SP to get some basic skills up.

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    It's not him sucking that he cares about. It's the assholes that make it a point to constantly fuck with him and remind him he sucks.

Honestly, I suck at MP as well, but I do still enjoy cod4. Most of the kiddies have moved on to MW2.

8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    when he gets better so that he's no longer the level of a drunk 12 year old (joke, btw), then they'll leave him alone.

9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    +1

You might try a game like Enemy Territory Quake Wars (got new, unopened off half.com for 5.50 shipped a few weeks ago!), has an offline mode that is similar to MP mode, kinda get you more used to how the game plays and how many games like it play, from BF to FFoW. The best thing to do is ignore people, turn VOip off in games, and just do your thing, and really the best thing you can do is just play, you'll only get better.

:toast:

10. etrigan420

etrigan420

Thanks Received:
    Damn, and isn't Battlefield Heroes free?

Might have to try that!

11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah, and Kurash is right. Just turn the other people off in audio. No need to actually speak to anyone. I sure as hell don't.

12. etrigan420

etrigan420

Thanks Received:

Good point...and I have CoD4 too!

13. etrigan420

etrigan420

Thanks Received:

lol, no side note needed! :D

The reflexes just aint what they used to be...and I never started out with Ninja Skills to begin with!

14. timta2

Thanks Received:
    Left For Dead is a lot of fun playing Co-Op and it seems others are decent (more mature?). It's also cheap now. You can play the "easy" level to build your skills. If you like shooting zombies that is.

15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    one poor player drags the team down, so he'll experience more rage from other players in coop.

Great game yes - but not what he needs to avoid player rage.

16. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    team fortress 2 is cheap, easy to play and endless fun. It's alot of fun!

And its hilarious watching gobs and gobs of carnage from cartoon characters fill the floors on a heavy session.

I recommend playing on orangeX3 map... its the only map I play bec. I am addicted to it.. 2 months now.

I find fun in pissing off people by killling them with a bow and arrow... over and over.

17. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Left 4 Dead 2

LOl, I got called a noob because I was testing this guys computer and logged into his account and didn't know how to pick up a med kit at the moment. He started raging on me, so i shot him.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  18. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I use to be totally horrible in FPS games, and I would always be the last pick when it comes to team selection, so I decided to train against bots (such as COD 4 single player campaign). It doesn't improve teamwork or communications, but it helps a lot when it comes to "1 on 1 whoever shoots first wins". Now, after countless hours of playing against bots, I am usually a "high pick", not the first or second, maybe 3rd. Try improving your aiming and reflexes, once you are no longer a liability to the team you will not get shouted at. You might want to look at "Free for all" matches, sure you will die like rabbits, but at least you don't get raged on and the griefers get to be happy.

19. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    DAY OF DEFEAT SOURCE . Get the machine gun and you will own .

20. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    I second free-for-all in CoD4. I'm a terrible gamer myself, especially when it comes to FPS, but CoD4 I can play for fun.
    Sometimes I just go out camping, finding some sweet spot and shooting people whenever they come by. Yeah, that makes me a camper, but I like it :D I don't die as fast that way.

21. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm far from a pro myself.

I played a lot of MP in Unreal Tournament 2004. I really had fun with the "Invasion" mode.

22. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Oh, in UT I always like Instagib. Doesn't matter how good you can handle a weapon there, it's shoot or die.

23. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    I'd say CoD4, as like was previously mentioned, a lot of the skilled players have gone to MW2. But also because there are plenty of mods for all skill levels, which keeps things interesting and fun. CoD4 really has something for all types and is a blast whether you have less skill than a potato or you're a hardcore competition player.

24. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    As someone that has difficulty learning to play a multiplayer game when I die every 5 seconds, I can relate.

Easy games to learn with:

Team Fortress 2 - Heavy. If you play with the heavy, you are much more likely to get the hang of the game.

Half Life 2 death match. Easy enough to understand, if you played single player, you will do fine with multi.

Left 4 Dead. Get a group of friends that wont kick you when you make a mistake and it's EASY to learn. Fortunately, there are a TON of players on TPU that have this game.

UT2004. One of the best and easiest shooters out there. Highly addictive, I have well over 200 hours logged on this one game.

25. warup89

warup89

Thanks Received:
    I began my 733tness likes this:

Doom > CSS > BF2 > CoD's > Quake's > Tf2

that + lots ....LOTs of time/practice