1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are these temps ok for a i5 760?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by rangor, Feb 10, 2011.

1. rangor

rangor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all! First post to the forums. I've learned a lot from this site and I'm hoping for some opinions with this possible issue.

I built my first rig this weekend and I love it but I'm paranoid about the CPU temps. I have a Core i5 760 but my first few attempts with the stock cooler showed 50°C in BIOS so I bought the Hyper 212+ cooler.

The BIOS read about 39°C after installation and I've also installed Real Temp to monitor. Please see screenshots. The first one is at idle (with Intel Speedstep enabled) and the second one is on 100% load while running Prime 95 after about 8 minutes.

Are these temps okay for a i5 760 with no overclock? I have a HAF 922 case with 3 fans (front blowing in and one on the top and back each as exhaust). The room I have it in is a 2nd floor loft and with the apartment's heat rising, the ambient temperature in this room is 29°C (which kind of fuels the paranoia too). And thats with a ceiling fan blowing. :twitch:

Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if I should type out the numbers for better viewing. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    temps are just fine for an ok air cooler
    rangor says thanks.
  3. rangor

rangor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, cd. I read so many horror stories while researching that I started to doubt.