1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ARM- Competition in the future?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dippyskoodlez, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9131098

Pretty cool article, I really like the ARM, it has allowed cool things like iPod linux, and the wide array of Gameboy mods.

Interesting how it has remained such a tiny amount of transistors for the power it offers.

Granted the assumptions of Moores law is kinda eh, still brings up the question of the future of Netbooks, and makes you wonder how Microsoft/Apple/Linux are going to react/adapt to such devices.
  2. Error 404

Error 404 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I seriously want ARM to manufacture a proper netbook. If they paired up with nVidia and made the Tegra more powerful (750 MHz isn't enough), then it would be really awesome.
  3. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    yeah seems way to underpowered at the moment. My G-Phone is slowwwwww as hell - a tiny video takes everything its got to play without dropping frames. I love it for what it is, but I just can't imagine it for everyday computing. I would never buy a notebook with that kind of performance.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009