1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arma 2 for £4

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by cheesy999, Apr 26, 2011.

1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    antuk15 and streetfighter 2 say thanks.
  2. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    EEsh that's cheap. Really a gorgeous game with more bells and whistles than a bunch of Christmas carolers. Arma2 puts bf2 and all those other wanna be war games to absolute shame imo. To bad it's poorly optimized.. Hope you have a mean system to run it..
    I have arma, arma 2 and arrowhead..
  3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    do you think it'll run on a gts 250 btw i'm only running 1440x900 or 1280x1024 depending on the screen
  4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    yeah it will work good on that resolution, not maxxed out but maybe high/medium
  5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    deciding whether to get it

yes: sounds like a great game

No: first game i own that i can't max out (might cause upgrade)
  6. Thassodar

Thassodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    $7.99 US. I have no idea what it is so I probably won't get it.
  7. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    lmao, i uninstalled this game yesterday.. such a boring game imo, but nice graphics :p
  8. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I have a copy here i don't really play, i give it to you for the same price posted?
    same thing as steam only you get a printed manual + physical disks + flexibility of flogging the game when you are bored of it
  9. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i'll think about it
  10. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Boring if you don't find people to team up with for fun.. Try the 7th cav servers ^^..
    maybe 3rd infantry is still around also..
  11. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't deal with the UI. It must be simplified in some fashion or another. Using both function keys and the number keys to issue command and to do things is just cumbersome. And no it doesn't get better once you have an idea of what the keys actually do.
  12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah MP is were it's at with friends and endless amounts of missions to play.

Yeah the keys are a nightmare and i have been playing the VBS engine since OFP ( the original ).

And actually it does get better but like i said in another thread not long ago you either love it or hate it.. If ya get some good coop fly a apache \cobra or drive tanks around whooping ass you start having a blast with it all though there is a very steep learning curve to the game to which takes time.. After all originally it was made for the army although if ya wont to buy not checked for some time now but don't be suprissed that VBS2 migfht set you back $1k and comes with a USB key so no BS Securom or alike..
  13. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Yea it's not a everyday fps like cod.. It was originally designed for the army then they made this retail version for gamers. After playing it for a while the controls became second nature to me, no matter what I was in. I even managed to create a profile with modifier keys, that allowed me to play on the ps3 controller and not even touch the mouse or keyboard anymore.. The modability of the game is where it shines. I spent months making maps for arma 1 mostly.. sahrani virus unleashed then quarantine unleashed. Zombies n stuff. :p I got my moneys worth out of the game imo and some. I still reinstall it to play it from time to time.
  14. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Who in the world would need to think that the game has to be similar to COD to simplify the UI :slap:. The point is that this game has a cumbersome interface I find unfriendly for this type of game. At least Codemasters got that right. Oh btw, did they ever fix the vsync issue :rolleyes:.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  15. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Comparing Arma 2 to any other game is like comparing a popsicle stick to a scanning electron microscope. The level of sophistication is off the charts.

$7.99 is hard to pass up for the most realistic war simulation game ever. It's definitely clunky and immensely complicated, but you can spawn one hundred jets and have them dog fight each other for shits and giggles. Definitely fun for fooling around.
  16. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011