1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ArmA II&III HQ

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jul 1, 2012.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    It might be due to the fact that, at this moment, ARMA3 does not have a compelling finished campaign, and OFP concept and campaign was something totally new back in 2001. And that was on PC, not console!

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    SO its god idea to wait couple moths for Arma3 to be polished and bug fixed and then buy.BEcausse its seems to pricey for me atm

3. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    you should look at the BI store at https://store.bistudio.com/

4. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Still looking for people to help bug test the ACE Wasteland alpha. Been IP banned from 2 "elitest" "realism" "tactical" clan sites. All for asking questions on integrating ACE into Wasteland. things like how to replace the stock ArmA II medical system with the ACE one. Or how to add vehicles to the towing menu etc. The 2 sites were : United Operations (was a clan member for ~3 years) and The Wrecking Crew UK (went there on suggestion from 404Games). They claim that Wasteland does not and can not ever promote team play or tactical team play. I guess I was lone wolfing it while flying transport in a formation of 4 hueys carrying the better part of 20 soldiers in our group to attack a Blufor base......which we destroyed by the way. We bounded forward after landing ~500m from the base behind a cover of trees. Covering each other we laid down covering fire with our MGs and snipers. I guess that does not count as tactical team play. I can see why people are leaving the Arma community from responses like that. Most people I talk to in the games would love ACE Wasteland or something similar to that. But as soon as you suggest something like that to the guys who use ACE everyday, you get virtually throat punched and shutout of their communities like the plague.

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Not a ACE fan either tbh, Arma 3 is not failing due to lack of sp that's just bs as Arma has always been about its MP and that fails due to lack of content which is were Arma 2 shines..

I say screw the updates they are doing and get most of the Arma 2 vehicles in to Arma 3.

Although they really need to fix the AI reversing issue.

6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    The ACE AI can usually be mistaken for actual players. They are very lifelike in their actions as I have seen as of late. I believe they use Zeus AI.

7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I posted this in the DayZ thread, as well, Bohemia Interactive is the focus of this weeks Humble Bundle Sale. Six dollars gets you a hefty package of good games.

HD64G and Killer_Rubber_Ducky say thanks.
  8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I really want take on helicopters if anyone buys this and doesn't want that game

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys ... some one know site where i can get 2 copies of the game for 70~75$ ?

searched it some days already .. everywhere out of stock XD

10. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I am trying out altis life server this morning. Ill be on steam and TS

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Edit: 1st Arma3 campaing 2 out now, the 2nd, Insurgency Final out tomorrow (today)!!!!
    Bad days to have work duties!!!!

As Insurgency is less known, I will tell it is a really fine product, maybe the ultimate Middle East squad shooter. (The background praying is making me sick in an immersive way, lol)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
  13. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
  14. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    My post was about the AMAZING DAY IT IS TODAY: 2 GREAT GAMES/UPDATES COMING OUT, not strictly Arma3 related ffs... Whatever mod moved this and the reply... well late night maybe.. Well, will cut the crap haha ;)

15. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    U posted about arma 3 mods and a moderator moved the posts in here cause this is the Arma 2/3 clubhouse

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    o_O:confused::shadedshu:o_O

Part 2 of the Arma3 campaign is not a mod, and Insurgency is a totally different game. Too much anal-itics! :peace:

17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    You say insurgency but there is a Arma 2/3 mod called insurgency. Why did you not link the "different" game?

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    brandonwh64 says thanks.
  19. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I am in the middle of campaign part 2 (Adapt) and it is quite clever and fascinating!!!!

We had some fights in the woods and then I took my squad to another valley, crossed a road and went uphill.
    After a while a BMP came patrolling along the road and left, later he came back like a sniffing dog, halting exactly where we crossed the road, as if we left footsteps or some sign there.... and he kept on sniffing until later he found us...
    Cool!

20. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I am working on the finishing touches of ACE Wasteland for ArmA 2.

21. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I am looking to add carbombs to Wasteland. Is it possible to make it a random chance to blow up when someone starts the vehicle instead of a proximity? So, in this case, a bunch of cars spawn and only a few are equipped with the explosive that is wired to the ignition? This would be random of course. Just thinking that it would be hilarious and awesome to see people find a car, get some gear from it and go to start it and go boom. I am also looking into adding a script to make it possible for the car engine to die and have to work on it to get it to start again. If I can add that and make it so that a car may have to worked on to start, and that car happens to be rigged to blow on ignition......epic times. Drive people nuts. Not to mention this is all in Wasteland with ACE mod adding in the ammo cookoff, backblast, etc and JTD fire/smoke......amazing FX.

Also,
    I have decided to change that to a degree by replacing the Rotary/Fixed-wing Stores with Aircraft Factories from the Warfare missions. It seems more interesting and immersing to make people have to hold a position while they wait for their craft to finish being built. Plus AFAIK, it makes the menu system so much easier for the store.

From what I have been reading on the process, a faction would capture and hold a factory in order to begin construction of aircraft. I can also make it so that only particular types of craft are available to certain factions.

22. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    GOt Arma3 today,will start play it on weekend probably.HOpefully its not too complicated :p

23. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I finished the campaign more than a week ago, and to be honest one of the hardest missions is still the one where you had to ambush a convoy. LOL

24. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Getting into playing ArmA 3 Breaking point. Anyone else?

25. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I just installed it the other night and played a little. Not too bad! I'll probably play more this weekend. :)