1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ArmA II&III HQ

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I added Spoiler tags to the rest of my large posts too. Still unable to connect to TS3 server.

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    PM digibucc or dave about it. they are the ones that run it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There's nothing to run other than paying the bill. Since it is prepaid for quite some time (I'm pretty sure), the server is just down. It happens.

*Google search from the past 24 hours tells me it's more of a widespread problem.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  4. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I was just on the BI forums and new info about pricing.

The prices for different tiers will increase when it gets to beta and then when it is released. I guess the Standard one aka alpha tier will end up being normally priced around 50~60 USD.
    Looking back on it, I may just go for Deluxe and see what expansions release.

Update**********************************
    New In-game screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    That is what I am thinking.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Here are the Official System Requirements

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Ill probably get this game because ArmaII gave me a similar feel as to how the old Ghost Recon games were, and I miss those.

8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Well for me, the in-game shots I have seen as well as Dev footage of AI, makes me believe the gameplay will be either really good or excellent. I may actually finish the campaign missions instead of getting fed up with the AI. ^_^ Plus, I may not have to replace my 7970 with an Nvidia card depending on the response I get from my email to BIStudios.

9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    to make it much better on one card brand than on the other would be a huge mistake for BI.

10. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Just upgraded from my craptastic Dell PS2 keyboard from the early 2k's with a CM Storm Trigger Blue switches. Also, I just added an ADATA 256GB SSD to load ArmA II and III on.
    Also, looking to upgrade my CPU to the 8350 unless convinced otherwise ^_^ I am prepping for the game!!! Also, hopefully, the PhysX 3 code can be handled by the CPU if the GPU is not Nvidia.

11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    The game is not using GPU accelerated PhysX. With an 8 core CPU, you should be all set. Though, I wouldn't upgrade the CPU at least until after summer. Rumor has it AMD is coming out with a new stepping/refresh of Piledriver sometime in summer... Or something like that.

Really though, it is best to wait until the game is released and tested with various hardware before buying hardware for the game. :)

12. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Wait until BI actually makes a game work properly, your 8 core will probably run Arma 3 fine. EDIT: Also, if I remember I can give you guys the IP to a TS server we can use.

13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the heads up. ill prolly have my roommate get an 8350 or something now. he was going to buy my 8120 off me when I upgraded to the 8350. Ill send an Alpha lite invite to anyone who wants one.

14. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I would like one pls

15. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand. Why would anyone need an invite? It is free for anyone to join via their website.

16. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Right, but, there is only a chance you can get an invite through that route. I get 3 invites to give out. Also, where is this sign up at?
    Some additional images from ArmA III below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

***********UPDATE**********************************

These release date for BF3 and ArmA III Alpha seem suspicious. Call me psychotic & paranoid, but it almost seems as though BIS put the alpha right before Endgame releases. Endgame for PS3 is the 5th, PC is the 12th. Alpha is the 5th for pre-orders and the 14th for invite only. It just looks coincidental to me.

Also, since the invite only one does not include multiplayer, I will send out the alpha lite invites so you can see if you want to get the cheapest option ~35$ which is Alpha+Beta+Fullgame which includes Multiplayer and so on.

Here is the US price list BIS updated their site.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    brandonwh64 says thanks.
  17. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

ArmA III Alpha is set to drop tomorrow, March 5th 2013. Bohemia Interactive Studios have updated their website and added a subdomain you can now access which provides information concerning the Alpha such as bugs, fixes, reports, updates and so on. The subdomain is: http://alpha.arma3.com/

I admire the fact that BIS has clearly stated on the Briefing page that the Alpha is a "work-in-progress" and that the quality may not yet be up to our standards. Our objective for the Alpha is to locate performance, balancing, and designs flaws. We will be provided with the Stratis map (20 km^2) initially. The installation is ~7.5GB in size, and they are of course providing forums and Feedback Trackers for us to report issues we have found with the game.
    Of course, Steam is required now to play and BIS has included full modding support so that modding communities can get a head start from the Alpha. There is a Developer Blog available to help us keep abreast of the progress being made. The URL is: http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog

As it is, I wonder what the Squad logo method will be. I will be revising the TPU squad info for ArmA III and hopefully, Reayth will be kind enough to make one based on ArmA III for us ^_^ or at least make a version of the original for us...

As it is, I have decided to purchase the Promoter pack regardless of whether or not I am one of the first 500 to get it. The added bonus content and all the DLCs for ArmA III is a good deal atm.

Let us know what you plan to do. Will you join us for multiplayer testing? etc...

Thanks for reading the update post and have a great rest of the day! :)

ETA to Alpha release: 8hrs 15min.

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I know this is an old post I'm replying to but 1000m shot at center mass is COMPLETE BS even at elevation. Cross valley no less!

19. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Hook a brotha up? :) :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. REAYTH

REAYTH

Thanks Received:
    that's easy!!
    Brandon did a 1000ms wit a raggedy 1911 and a 2 liter Rc Cola bottle
    in reals life

21. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Fuck yea! rock island for the wizand!

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    so you are telling me that it is impossible to shoot someone center mass from 1000m away with a McMillan Tac-50? I find that hard to believe considering an Aussie Sniper in Iraq did a 2800m kill shot with a Barret .50. Besides, they did not do a center mass shot, it was a kill shot.

sure but it wont include multiplayer dude

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Not aiming at center mass its not. Try about 5 feet above the target. How that shot was setup in that video he was aiming at center mass. Shooting like that will fall WAY short.

24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Its ok it will let me see how well the games engine is before I drop 50 bills

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. REAYTH

REAYTH

Thanks Received:
    dis game looks ghey