1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Artifact Problem

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by nevermentioned18, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nevermentioned18 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have lowered my core settings cause i have been having problems with artifacts in games. I scanned for artifacts and it goes for 5 seconds then the whole screen messes up. Can anyone help?

***COMPUTER***
    Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz
    Asus P4VP-MX
    768 MB of RAM
    Maxtor 40GB HD
    Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

2. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

maybe you could tell us the temperature of your card? Is it overheating? What happens when you leave it at stock clocks? Does it still artifact?

3. nevermentioned18 New Member

Thanks Received:
    um i dont know the temperature but i dont think its over heating i even put a case fan right infront of the cards fan. and even when i turn it off and turn it on the next day it sometimes still messes up at the boot screen. im thinking maybe power supply cause in the bios where it says 5v it is in red and says 4.389 or somenumber like that but im not sure

4. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    right that means that the cooler is loose. Take the card out of the system, and then reinstall the cooler, fresh thermal paste and all, and screw it back on TIGHT. And yes, a lack of power would do stuff to your card too...whats your PSU's wattage/brand?

5. nevermentioned18 New Member

Thanks Received:
    my psu says turboswitch a350atx i took out my card and the bios still says 4.303 or something for the 5v. and i disconnected my case fan also

6. nevermentioned18 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think its fixed i reseating the power plug that goes in the mobo and no problems the voltage is back up to par and ati tool didnt find any artifacts thanks for your help

7. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    ohh that WOULD be a problem, not enough power getting to video card lol. Well I'm glad you fixed it. happy gaming!