1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asetek Sealed Liquid Cooler Shipments Pass the Half-Million Unit Milestone

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 11, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Asetek, the world’s leading manufacturer of liquid cooling solutions for personal computers, announced today that it shipped its 500,000th sealed liquid cooler in December 2010. Liquid has long been recognized as a superior cooling medium, having a thermal capacity four times greater than that of air. However, early liquid cooling systems were bulky, low performance, expensive and largely unreliable. Asetek revolutionized liquid cooling for the computer industry with the development of the world’s first factory sealed liquid cooling solution for PCs. Asetek sealed liquid coolers are highly reliable, maintenance free, easy to install and easy to afford. Asetek innovation made liquid cooled PCs practical.

Today, Asetek sealed liquid coolers are the standard for CPU cooling in high performance gaming system including systems made by Dell Alienware, Acer and a host of Systems Builders and Integrators. Asetek liquid coolers are also making HP Z-series workstation users more productive by contributing to quieter work environments. Sealed liquid coolers were originally developed to make liquid cooling practical for PC OEMs, System Builders and Integrators. It turns out that the same practicality appeals to Do-It-Yourself system builders and Asetek manufactured sealed liquid cooling systems are the best selling systems in the DIY market.

[​IMG]

“Reaching the half-million unit mark is a strong testament to the quality, reliability and simplicity of Asetek’s sealed liquid cooling technology and products,” said André Sloth Eriksen, Founder and CEO of Asetek. “It is also a significant accomplishment in our company history and a time to thank our employees, business partners and most importantly, our customers who made reaching this milestone possible."

“In 2011,“ continued Eriksen, “Asetek looks to expand the market for sealed liquid cooling systems with higher performance products, at more attractive price points and by making Asetek technology available through more partners, steps that will enable Asetek to cross the one million unit mark this year.”

All Asetek liquid coolers are delivered factory filled and sealed, making them as easy to install as an air cooler and chassis fan. Asetek’s 500 series liquid CPU coolers for OEMs and systems integrators are compatible with today’s popular Intel and AMD processors and are available for regional delivery from distribution centers in California, Denmark and China. Asetek liquid CPU coolers for DIY system builders and computer enthusiasts are available under a growing number of global and regional brands. Look for the “Powered By” Asetek badge on the packaging.

2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Haha I had one of the old asetek lclc ran great can't wait until a cpu+gpu+nb unit is easily purchasable

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Does that number include the units sold by Corsair as H50/H70?

NAVI_Z and aCid888* say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. Salsoolo New Member

Thanks Received:
    saw alot of people reporting leaks, all kinds of problems in these things
    ended up with arctic freezer.
    plus they cannot beat high end air coolers, maybe they beat air by couple degrees

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK? :confused: :wtf: :rolleyes: :shadedshu

6. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    If you are talking about temperature, then yes they certainly can beat high end air coolers. Some of the double 120mm radiator Asetek's handily beat any air cooler on the market.

If you are just talking about the single 120mm versions, like the H50 and H70, yes they might not beat out some of the extreme high end air coolers in temperatures, but they certainly bet them out in compatibility, space requirements, and usually noise.

7. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    had the original no leaks for me

the H50/H70 cant beat a TRUE with a pair of deltas on it however like you said damn bit quieter

8. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    The H70 gets pretty damn close if you slap those same Deltas on it(actually the H50 might bet pretty damn close, I believe the H70 surpasses the TRUE).

But one of the custom dual 120mm Asetek setups definitely surpasses the TRUE and any of the other high end air coolers out there.

9. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I put 2 of the old Asetek units in customer builds. One of them leaked, the other one's pump died in 3 days. Serious lack of Quality Assurance, and WC gear is about the last thing you want to have QA issues with.

10. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    You can get great performance out of just about anything if you throw deltas on it. But unless you're benching or have your pc in another room it's not very practical.

11. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    guess you have never seen my rig 16 120mm yateloon high speed fans

12. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    You use something like that for your main rig? Right next to you? I couldn't imagine being so cavalier about sound.

13. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    yup right now cooling is a little overkill its cooling a 35w chip :roll:

14. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    To me cooling ability is not the major selling point, i moved from a ninja scythe full copper weighing about 1300g including the fans to a corsair H50 where only the weight of the base is on the board.

With more moving parts i would expect many more failures than a normal heatsink as for the most part they are just solid metal so not exactly much that can go wrong but so far I'm really happy with Asetek/Corsair's quality control at least as far as my H50 goes.

15. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    not only that but alot of cases can allow these units in an intake configuration. As an intake, even with average fans, it performs exceptionally well.

16. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very true.
    I don't use a case so my numbers are not the same as most that are in a case but my phenom at 4ghz and 1.5v only hits 52c max, my old phenom 9850 under the full copper ninja scythe easily hit 62c at 2.8ghz and that's the max rated temp for them so for me it was a huge improvement going between the copper scythe and the H50, admittedly though i never tried my phenom II under the scythe as i thought it was pointless.

I love the temperature difference but i really love the fact my motherboard no longer has enough weight sat on it to snap it in half :laugh:

17. Salsoolo New Member

Thanks Received:
    imo only an idiot goes for these dual rad closed loup aseteks. you'd be better off with custom wc with a more powerful pump for bigger rads.

they are definitely better in terms of noise than air, but they need to improve the tubings and maybe work on the cpu block, hook up a custom 1x120 rad setup look at performance you'll kno what i mean

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  18. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i have a ton of loops plus a H70 and H50 depends on how you set them up for easy H50/70 is amazing for customization my dual rad dual pump loop is pretty nice

19. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I would never buy one, I'm just saying as an alternative to air they aren't bad like everyone seems to think.

20. IceCreamBarr New Member

Thanks Received:
    The volumetric heat capacity of water is 3000 times greater than that of air, not 4 times... maybe they are referencing weight? Although I can't see how the weight of air/water would have any significance to the use at hand (wrong metric).

One of the few times I've seen marketing undershoot a stat.

21. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    Is that a good result? My cpu at 4.0ghz with 1.50v (1.57v in the Bios) tops 49c and that's with one fan only at 1300rpm; it idles at 35c with a voltage of 1.55v. Sorry but I thought the H50, being a watercooling part, would do better.

22. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Its not real watercooling...

23. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    For one each chip is different but also that's also with 1.48v HT and ambient temps of 25 to 30c don't exactly help my temps, with lower ambient temps i have hit over 4.1ghz and a temp of 26c so directly comparing does not work out very well.

But also your cooler has a much larger surface area with a lot of heat pipes and heat pipes are amazing at transferring heat.

exactly, it is far from "real" water cooling, the H50 as the thinnest radiator i have ever seen with the smallest pump i have seen that I'm sure is nowhere near as high flow as a real water cooling pump.

But the main reason i got the H50 was not cooling as there are multiple air coolers that cool better than it, for me its the lack of a massive weight on my motherboard as all the coolers that do better weigh way more than the base of the H50.

24. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i have one i know and its running a dual fan setup on an x4 640 gets good temps in a very hot room during the summer.

25. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    My Asetek has been real good to me....and still is:toast: