• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock and ASUS: Mythbust

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
System Name Frankenstein
Processor Ryzen 9 5800X
Motherboard Asrock Z570 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 2 x 16 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200mhz
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon RX 6900 XT WC
Storage Corsair MP600 + 2xSamsung 860 Evo + Samsung 950 Pro + Others
Display(s) ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine A5+ White
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1300W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite
Software Windows 10 Pro
As of last year AsRock is a separate company not owned by Asus. Asus holds a small stock percentage but that doesnt mean they are owned by them.
Sources?
Wow, this is a long thread... as BT stated, ASRock is owned by Pagatron:

Look here:
http://www.pegatroncorp.com/company/businessOperation.php

What dealings Pagatron has with ASUS, I do not know.

Disclaimer: I'm an ASUS fan. :)
We have proved already that AsusTek owns Pegatron and Pegatron owns ASrock by what margins it is not clear, but, they have a lot of power that most of the board of directors are the same between the companies.

Let's see...

I was a wholly owned subsidary of my Parents (the Company). This Company produced Offspring companies in me and my siblings. However, I grew so fast and to such proportions, we agreed I had to be spun off and become my own company. I then expanded my company with a partner and we began the business of producing Offspring (popular product!). Meanwhile the Parents are located 1543 miles away and have shifted their business from manufacturing to services. Specifically, the spoiling of local grandchildren (also a popular service). My Offspring Company is still related to the Parent Company, even though each company is in a completely different business and revenues are not shared. I am still related to my Sibling Companies, even though they are in a different business as well. A service related business of providing both material and logical products to their Offspring Companies. While revenues are still shared, their Offspring companies are becoming mature enough to be spun off and cut revenue sharing. In the end, all of these companies will still be related, yet completely separate entities wholly owned by themselves with no revenue sharing between companies. What's so complicated here? :D