1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Brand X58 and P67 MOB's Any Good?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by 20mmrain, Mar 13, 2011.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Just like the heading says.... I have never used one and I am not trying to look for a fan boy Contest here. I am really looking for an all around consensus.... of the quality of ASrock Motherboards? I have always stayed away from them in the past because of a buddy who had some really really horrible "Burning in his case" Luck with one.

But since then (about 3 years ago) They seem to have been striving to become accepted by the Enthusiast community.

So have they really turned it around and are they good? Or are they more like a low end OC board that may or may not be good when you get it?

Thanks

I also would like to add... I know there are other brand names more well known. But I am looking for something little different for a change instead of your normal Gigabye/ASUS/MSI/EVGA Motherboards

2. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    I`ve had 2 asrock boards and they are kind of low quality. Those were older boards tho`

20mmrain says thanks.
  3. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
  4. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    In some parts of eastern Europe where Asus boards aren't readily available there have been several overclockers hitting 5ghz just fine on Asrock P67 boards on the XS forums i5-2500k/i7-2600k overclocking thread.

5. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I had an Asrock x58 Extreme. It was a really solid board for the price. It was as good as my Asus x58 boards, and only a half step behind the lower end Gigabyte x58 boards, IMO. They have certainly improved the quality of their product over the last few years. I wouldn't hesitate buying one. However, if you are looking for the best value in a p67 board, you really have to look no further than a Biostar TP67XE. Do a little research, and you'll see that not only has it become an enthusiast favorite, but it is a great value at $150.

20mmrain says thanks.
  6. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Solid boards.....I'm still rocking a P55 Extreme and X58 Extreme3.

7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    AsRock has come along way in the last cpl years. Anything Nehalem/Phenom II and later, AsRock has been hitting all market segments with the product offerings. My $60 785G board can take my X2 240 all the way to 3.4 on stock volts and it is a budget board in every sense. Also they hit several niche markets with some of their products ie. a PCI-E and AGP mobo, a socket 939 w/ a AM2 daughtercard and NF3 on some AM2 boards.

They have some very feature rich boards in 1155/1156/1366 and AM3 flavours. Im prolly looking at an AsRock or a Gigabyte for my Bulldozer build as in my personal experiences they have both served me well over the years ( had a s478 Giga 8IG100MK and an AsRock s775 Dual Sata-II, the board with PCI-E 4x and an AGP 8x slot and DDR and DDR2 slots)

20mmrain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Hmm Thanks guys.... I see that it is a general agreement that ASrock ain't so bad. I will add them to my list of possibles then.

One more question guys.... I read some where that they are a Asus Knock off brand is that true? Meaning they are actually owned by ASUS.

9. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    20mmrain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Alright guys I got my information I appreciate it. If I decide to go that route.... also knowing that ASUS has something to do with ASrock makes me feel a little better about them too.

11. Vincy Boy

Thanks Received:
    I also had the X58 Extreme and for the life of me I had an easier time overclocking to 4GHz with it than my present Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I am presently waiting on my Extreme 6, I just had to have all that USB 3.0:laugh:

12. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    :banghead: You're not the only one going through the same headache, I'm about to get the same board, X58Extreme6, to replace this stubborn UD3R:mad:

13. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive usually used Asus boards from 775,x58 to AM2,3 boards. Always top quality stuff , when I ordered my P67 Extreme6 I didnt hesitate at all knowing it was associated with Asus (Although the biggest reason was that there wasnt any Asus Maximus P67 boards available when I ordered)..
    So far so good, a little over a month running 5GHZ 24/7 on my 2500K, with zero issues.

Asrock is great at keeping up to date with Bioses, also its good to know "ket" is on top of this board, reporting glitches to Asrock.

14. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    I have nothing but good things to say about my P67 Pro3. It was significantly less expensive that similar boards from Gigabyte and MSI but still has good voltage regulation (for overclocking), automatic fan controls that work, instant flash from USB stick and a good EFI (albeit not very flashy, but some have problems or are still in the works). Best board I have owned since an Albatron years ago...hopefully ASRock sticks around though and continues to deliver the best value.

15. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Running a very very low end ASrock board and it's fine, even overclocks okay : ]

Mosfets get toasty but I only have 4 on this board :p