1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock Dual Vista Overclocking

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by disarmedmeteor, Apr 16, 2007.

1. disarmedmeteor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, so I am wanting to get the maximum performance out of my current system. I know that my motherboard is crappy but I had to make a gradual transition instead of spending the $600 up front. So these are my system specifications:

1. Asrock 775DualVSTA motherboard
    2. Core 2 Duo e6300
    3. x800gto AGP unlocked to 16 pipes
    4. 1 512mb stick of Corsair DDR400 value ram at timings 2.5-3-3-8, and another 512mb stick of DDR400 Kingston HyperX ram with the same timings to run in dual channel mode.
    5. 2 x 250 gb Samsung Spinpoint sp2504c hdd's in a RAID 0 array
    6. and the rest is irrelevant, i hope....

So I know that the board limit is 300/310 fsb if I am very lucky. So right now my question is, how do I turn that dream into a reality? What settings do I change in order for me to get it to that level? So far by using the basic overclocking techniques I have only been able to go to 285 x 7 fsb with ddr333. So if anyone can help me gain the maximum performance from this board, it would be greatly appreciated!
  2. disarmedmeteor New Member

Thanks Received:
    someone on tpu has to have dealt with this board before, it is quite popular.

bump!
  3. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    its quite a popular board but not for oc and i havent seen many on tpu, the reason its so popular is because its a cheap upgrade for users like yourself who want a core 2 duo maybe and still have ddr1 and agp, you should be able to hit 300 np without messing with voltages etc
  4. disarmedmeteor New Member

Thanks Received:
    true, but the problem is that there are so many settings, and my mobo keeps hanging past 285...which is a real downer, so maybe someone has oc'ing experience with this board and might want to lend a hand.

bump!
  5. supraman

supraman New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you haven't seen it before, have a look at this thread. Its primarily about voltmodding but there are also a lot of overclocking hints and tips.
  6. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    i got mine up to 300.didnt use any special settings.there is a command that widens teh memory bandwidth in bios but i cannae remember which one.
  7. disarmedmeteor New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay, i enabled the dmca pipeline, and upped the agp voltage to high, now i am at 290 fsb, but now i don't know what to do