1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock Fatality Z68 MoBo ,Not posting. Code 45??Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jboydgolfer, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    My Room Mate's Fatality is Posting a Code 45 , and I'm having issues Finding result's on Google. Please ANY help would be great. The MoBo was Cleaned since Last running.With Compressed air.

Thank you
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Check DIMM slots, memory.
  3. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    NOPE no luck yet
    yeah I found a post 'bout that online trying now.

T/Y VM

Well it look's like a Code 30 now, and upon further searching I come across Asrock board's possibly having a "bad Memory Slot Connection"Something to do with the in Production Process , and a Failure with memory. May be an RMA issue.
    Asrock RMA can Be worse than Pulling teeth, but they are getting better. I'll probably keep on trying for the night before contacting them.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Issue found, It was the memory. These mobo's are a bitch when using 4 stick's of RAM.Removed 2 and it posts. I'll Re install them , and It'll be fine ,I'm sure.

T/Y
    cadaveca says thanks.
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    When nobody else has the answer....

:p

:laugh:

:rockout:
  6. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    He has bent pin(s) on the socket. This will cause 4 stricks not to work. Don't ask how I know.... LOL. I had a few bent pins and carefully starightened them out and the other dimm slots now work.
  7. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    (if You are referring to me)
    Nope(unless it Will work With the Bent pin's with out fixing them , that is) My room mate Was over zealous with Compressed air while cleaning the PC this past Sunday, and Something happened ( although I Still Don't know what). However when I Built the PC, it was VERY reluctant about taking 4x4 1600 Corsair Dom Stick's For Some reason. I Removed all but one, then Posted, Then Turned off, added one ,posted. Repeated until All were back in, and Now it is working Fine again. I DID notice MANY posts online regarding issues with this , and P67 Boards from Asrock though. I may NOT know the Exact cause , but as Long as It is resolved I'm happy. :rockout:

Thank you Dr ,and Cad. For BOTH of your Replies, it is Greatly Appreciated.:D

Till next Time.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  8. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    It obviously works with the bent pins but he will not be able to utilize all the dimm slots/