1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock to Offer Better Browsing with New Google Options

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Oct 3, 2012.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    I feel sorry for Christian to say this, but my question in the first place is WHY does this kind of news make it to TPU frontpage? It is totally irrelevant. Chrome is free, Chrome comes bundled with tons of software and hardware. So WHY in the name of everything sacred do I have to read this? :wtf:
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Also another good point to that is features with the software. I have seen drivers like realtek release a new set that had some newer additions to make the audio sound that much better.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. EaGle1337

EaGle1337 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Windows couldn't get network drivers for my asrock mobo, Have fun getting drivers relying only on windows 7 to get the basics.
  4. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    You might like to install a new system using outdated drivers, but I don't. The drivers on the disc might be the same version as what's on the vendor's web site, but they're usually older than what's on the OEM's web site (i.e., Intel's chipset drivers are usually newer than anything posted on ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc). Unless there's something wrong with the latest release, I see no point in using the old stuff.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I see no point in using new stuff if the old ones work fine.
  6. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Thats like installing the drivers that came with your GFX card you bought on ebay that was released like 8 months ago. Its just something you don't do.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Canada doesnt want/have the economic attitude of the USA.
    m1dg3t says thanks.
  8. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    So, you own a horse and not a car? :p

Driver updates exist for a reason. Vendors don't spend their time and money creating updates because they have nothing better to do. But hey, if you like using the outdated stuff, have at it.
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Not quite. I'm on NV driver 285.62 which I think is from last year. Every single new goddamn game we bought works like a charm. Everything's stable as a rock. Why change?

In fact I tried recently a driver which was said to improve on Shogun2 Total War. Ran the benchmark and got 1FPS less. So, I'm not the guy looking around for the latest drivers. I do that when there's a problem or when there is a specific requirement for a specific application.
  10. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    LOL - Just dont install it people its an OPTION.

LOL wut? Asrock/Pegatron separated from Asus a couple years ago.. they are buying them back? :confused:
  11. Saidrex

Saidrex

Thanks Received:
    Great, install google app so google can spy on you even easier and included with free toolbar, which will eat your internet traffic and eat big chunk of computer memory and slow down page browsing.

From this day i'll better stay away from Asrock as far as i can, if this continues same way next they will include google microchip built in motherboard and 10 years later - "Hello Skynet"
  12. nickbaldwin86

nickbaldwin86

Thanks Received:
  13. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I always try to use the latest drivers/firmwares for all my electronics, things are just better this way for some reason?

To generate discussion and therefore page hits.

Welcome to the internet :toast:
  14. nickbaldwin86

nickbaldwin86

Thanks Received:
    How about this? Don't like it... don't read it.... or even to start with... DON'T CLICK ON IT!

Maybe I read faster, but it took 5 seconds out of my life to read the title and small summary... I laughed and only posted because i thought it was funny.

I personally am happy it was posted so I could make fun.
  15. azzonie New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure if this was supposed to be news or a warning. I will take it as a warning.
  16. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    TPU was a more serious website, for la-la-la headlines we have tons of other sites ;)

But yes, I believe the "generate clicks logic" is beyond my mental universe.

Zurück zur Natur! 8)
  17. R_1

Thanks Received:
    What a coincident, I have Asrock board and I am using Google Chrome browser. :toast:
    Few days ago I even had some difficulties updating Intel RST and Realtek audio drivers. :laugh: It turns out that driver CD was really needed, because after audio driver update THX TruStudio started sending error messages like "unsupported audio device". Some license files were on driver CD and it was the only way to re install THX TruStudio. :banghead: Download section on Asrock page is pretty much outdated, but on positive side there is BIOS with 10.8 OROM and 10.8 RST driver. So it is the proper combination and idiot proof one. Try to update to WHQL 11.6 RST driver and your RAID array will fill the pain. Well, I gues that TRIM in RAID 0 worth the pain. :toast:
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes because all the latest AMD drivers always work better then the last AMD drivers. ALWAYS. :rolleyes:

Pro tip: Use the driver that works best. Not necessarily the newest one. I bet you always update the bios every chance you get too.
  19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree and for the most part that is the latest/newest driver. Not always, but most of the time. As far as motherboard/device drivers, I install the latest and don't think twice about it afterwards. I have had, for example a bad LAN driver in the past that was rectified by a newer driver. Never had it happen the other way around.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  20. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yet here I sit after fresh-installing AMD's Catalst 12.3 driver, from 6 months ago, and newer drivers make my system not work right.

If there is truly a need to update a driver other than what is offered by the driver disc, Windows will offer it for you. There is always the chance that the driver provided by a board makers has been customized due to a custom layout, or some other implementation reason, that makes getting drivers from a part maker, like a LAN or Audio chip, not always the best idea.

If you are having problems, then yes, looking for an updated version is a good idea, but if htere are no issues, there is no reason to update. Things like drivers interfering with each other can be common, and might not be tested for by the actual part maker, but have been tested by a board maker.
  21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just sharing my experiences with it. Not saying you're wrong or right on the matter.