1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT] ASRock X58 extreme

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by 87dtna, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 87dtna

Thanks Received:
    SOLD!

I picked up a UD3R so I have no need for this board now.

For some reason anything above 4ghz on my I7 would just shut the PC down. No idea why, but 4ghz was 100% stable no issues, but 4.2ghz+ under load it would just shut off. Now, I replaced it with the UD3R and replaced the power supply at the same time so it *could* have been the power supply. Regardless, I'm selling this board as is with only a DOA warranty on it no overclocking gauranteed. Now if you aren't an overclocker and/or just a mild overclocker and want to get into 1366 the cheapest way, this is exactly for you!

$95 shipped in the USA

Here's a newegg link-
    ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Mo...

As you can see I'm WAY below retail because of this issue. Heatware is in my sig, perfect 109-0-0 so you don't need to worry. I've stated all issues up front, and I garauntee no DOA on this board.

There is no warranty as it's out of date, was purchased more than a year ago.

Comes as pictured here, I'll throw in a couple sata cables as well to make it full retail. SLI bridge is in the anti static bag there.

[​IMG]

It was also suggested that I try a different Bios, so I tried 1.9 and 2.3 still no luck. Here's a screenshot of 4ghz, I know only 15 minutes stress but I'm not spending a lot of time on a $95 asking price board but I was running 4ghz 24/7 on this board for a month straight. Also, I turned HT off and it was stable up to 4.4ghz, so the board simply can't supply enough juice or something for the CPU I dunno-

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. runnin17

runnin17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man if I hadn't just bought a kinect I would be all over this. Bump for an amazing price. 4Ghz is nothing to be ashamed of ;)
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Is this the board that josh154 has been asking you about over at OC.net? hes in dire need of a X58 board but hes worried about the OC capabilities of this one. Hes really wanting 4ghz out of his I7 920.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. 87dtna

Thanks Received:
    Just sold it.