1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 - UDFI BIOS problems

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Cool Mike, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Cool Mike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, Thought I would reach out. I am on my second ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 with the same issue. Called asrock they told me to return it after spending some time debugging with them on the phone. Now the second mother board has the same problem. Problem: In the UDFI Bios I cannot manually change a numeric value. Example, when changing the multiplier it will only take the number 5 or sometimes 16. If I enter number 1 then number 5 appears. All pull down menus work fine. Example when I enter in a user profile to save, only letters will enter properly. If I enter a number the shift value will display, example if you enter the number 2 the # character will display. I have tried 3 different keyboards with the same result. System will boot into win7 fine, but I need bios control.

Seems like a Bios or batch problem. Anyone have this issue? what am I missing?
    No newbie here.
  2. Anusha

Anusha

Thanks Received:
    did you press the numlock button on the keyboard if it already isn't??
  3. Cool Mike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the response. Yes, the first thing checked. most of the time when any number is entered into a field the number 5 is indicated. in the mutiplier field a 5, 16 (minimum multi value) is indicated. Very flakey. Keep in mind I had a P67 extreme 6 in the same case with No problems.
  4. Anusha

Anusha

Thanks Received:
    i have the z68 extreme 4 too and it never acted like this unless numlock wasn't pressed. i believe u are using a USB keyboard? what if u plug it into another port? maybe usb3 port? but u have to enable legacy support first.
  5. Cool Mike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Calling all asrock extreme 7 gen 3 users...

Tried moving to USB3 and legacy is enabled. No change. Still have the problem.

More clues..
    In the user profile (area to save a profile) i can only enter letters. If i enter numbers the (shift) equalent is indicated. Ex. if i enter the number 3 a # is indicted. I have owned about 6 different ASrock MB and never had one issue. This is very odd indeed.

Thanks for your help. This has to be something simple or a bios issue.

Any more thoughts?

CALLING ALL ASROCK Z68 EXTREME 7 GEN 3 USERS...
  6. Cool Mike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Entering a number causes minimum value for that field to be indicated

Discovered good piece of info.

When you enter any number into a manual field the minimum value is displayed.
    Example: CAS Legacy, The minimum amount is 5. If you enter any number say 9 the number 5 is indicated. The same with other setting like the multiplier, If you enter 40 the number indicated is 16. weird