1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock z68 Fatality professional gen 3

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by mediasorcerer, Nov 19, 2011.

1. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thinking of picking up one of these boards, has anyone got one?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17937
    HTML:

Can get for -255$ at this store, what do you folks think about this board?
    Anyone want to help me decide to buy or not? :eek:

Im liking pcie 3, not intending to use more than one gpu , i have no experience with Asrock and like to hear first hand accounts of folks experience with things if thats alright?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    The ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 is going to attract a lot of attention, especially because of the support for PCI Express 3.0 video cards (if you install a forthcoming Intel “Ivy Bridge” CPU). The presence of six SATA-600 ports, six USB 3.0 ports, two Gigabit Ethernet ports supporting “teaming,” a very decent voltage regulator circuit, a special “mouse port” where the user can manually change the polling rate, support for Virtu technology, two HDMI outputs, three PCI Express x16 slots (working at 16x/0x/4x or 8x/8x/4x), and the presence of a PCI Express switch chip that allows the third PCI Express to work at x4 without the need to manually disable additional features, complete the package that all serious gamers are looking for.

However, this motherboard is not “perfect.” Being touted as such a high-end product, we think that it deserved a better audio codec, such as the Realtek ALC889, and not a mid-range solution. In fact, we’ve seen mid-range motherboards with a better audio codec. The second weak point, in our opinion, is the reduced number of overclocking options. Even though the motherboard allows the CPU base clock to be adjusted in 0.1 MHz increments, we believe the serious gamer is a tweaker by nature and will want more options. The reduced number of connectors for auxiliary fans (only three) can also be seen as a major drawback, depending on how many fans you plan to have connected directly to the motherboard.

If you are attracted to the several features this motherboard brings, have the money, and are not so worried about its small drawbacks, then go for it.
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z68-Professional-Gen3-Motherboard/1340/9

personally i think its too expensive just for a board

3. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    For the reasons that Micropage7 stated above .... I would say if this is the only board you have access to because you are going to that specific store then I would say go for it. But if you have the option to go somewhere else I would say that the Asus P8Z68-Deluxe Gen 3.0 or the Asus P8Z68-V/Pro Gen 3.0 would be better choices.
    They are a much better quality board for less money.... with much better support. They are currently avaible at New Egg for 214.99$ and 269.99$ Links are here....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131791&Tpk=p8z68%20deluxe%2fgen3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790&Tpk=p8z68%20V%2fpro%20gen3

I currently own the V/pro Gen 3 and can vouch for its quality. Just a suggestion though.... but if you have your heart set on the Asrock board.... and it is a company that has worked for you in the past..... then I would also say go for it :)

4. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanx you guys. Maybe i should wait/look round a bit more.

5. ad3k New Member

Thanks Received: