1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 overclock help!

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Redsideburn, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Redsideburn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good morning everybody,

I'm going to buy the MB Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, But I read on some internet forums that there is a issue to OC with this mainboard, related to the Vcore Setup that can't be regulated properly with this version (with the "old" Pro3 this was possible). My intention is to buy a core i5 2500k and make some OC (just to bypass 4.0 Ghz). There is some user who has the Pro3 Gen3 that can confirm me the possibility to perform OC with no issues? Which are the settings that must be used?

Thank you so much for help!
  2. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    I really don't think it would be a problem. The only think that might prevent OC out of the box is the need for a BIOS update. You might want to check out the ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 just slightly more expensive. As for overclocking to 4.0 GHz all you need to do is set the multiplier to x40 and leave everything else default/auto including Vcore.
  3. Redsideburn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for reply. It seems that setting the multiplier to x40 automatically increase the Vcore, resulting too high with no possibility to adjust it.

Any user that can confirm-deny this possible issue?
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You can adjust it all-right as you wish together with all other CPU related settings in the UEFI, I just gave you the most simple advice to overclock to 4.GHz. The board should have no issues whatsoever regarding overclocking and tweaking the settings/values to you desire.
  5. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Redsideburn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, thank you for help, I just sent a PM to the user, and I will wait for his answer!
  7. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    For what it's worth, overclocking (well, raising the turbo multi) and voltage reg was very good on the older P67 Pro3.
  8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have the Pro3-M and it kinda stinks for OCing. It is a 4+1 phase and I really wished I would have gotten the better Gigabyte board for 10$ extra. My current OC is 4.3Ghz @ 1.275V and full load 1.249V which is almost stock voltage. When I say it stinks is because it gets finikey when you try to manually OC it but if you let it do all the work and just set the multi its happy until It cannot figure out the voltage (happens with me after 4.3ghz) so again, Really wished I would have went with a more Phases board.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I got 4.5ghzout of it NP, will try and find an old thread of mine to see if I have any suggestions for you, should be just a case of increasing the multi and vcore give or take
  10. Redsideburn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, great! It seems that i finally have my solution then! finger crossed!
  11. Redsideburn New Member

Thanks Received:
    I received a confirmation about PRO3 GEN3 overclock by one user who did it. Here are the settings for a 4300ghz stable at 1.24v (automatically taken if you set CPU ratio to 43) if someone wants to:

CPU RATIO ---- 43
    INTERNAL PLL VOLTAGE --- DISABLED
    GT OVERCLOCK --- DISABLED
    INTEL SPEDDSTEP TEC. --- ENABLED
    TURBO BOOST POWER LIMIT --- MANUAL
    SHORT DURATION P.L. --- 200
    LONG DURATIO P.L. --- 200
    LONG DURATION MAINT. --- 1
    ADDICTIONAL TURBO VOLTAGE --- AUTO
    CORE CURRENT LIMIT --- 200
    HOST CLOCK OVERRIDE --- 100.1
    SPREAD SPECTRUM --- ENABLED
    CPU CORE VOLTAGE OFFSET --- AUTO

Well, I will try as soon as I receive the CPU!! Thank you everybody for help