1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock939sli-esataII IDE HDD probs.

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Dea, May 27, 2006.

1. Dea New Member

May 27, 2006
    1 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Hi Everybody!

I am having problems with my new computer, that I just got, it has an ASROCK 939 sli esataII mobo, Athlon 3800 x2 cpu. Got two IDE HDD-s in the box both Maxtor, one is 200G the other is 120G. I had my old winxp system on the 120g one and when I start the comp of course it does not run it, aka it starts and then reboots. So I tried to reinstall, but did not manage. I boot from XP cd (sp2 version, non 64bit) and it goes on fine, till the point where the installation should begin and then reboots. Prolly cause of the IDE HDD I guess. However on the support CD there are no drivers for IDE. Can someone tell me what to do, aka how can I get it to install windows with drivers for the IDE. I did browse the ASROCK homepage but all it talks about is SATA. I got way too much data on these hdd-s and honestly, no more money to buy now even new hdd-s. Can someone help me how I can get it to work with normal IDE HDD-s? In bios it can see them btw. It is set on AUTO and shows size and stuff. At boot it also shows both hdd-s.

Thanx for your help in advance!

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Jan 15, 2005
    5,491 (1.38/day)
    Thanks Received:
    IDE drives don't normally need drivers. Sounds like you have either a faulty mobo or hard drive possibly. Check that everyting is connected properly and you haven't bent any pins on the HD.