1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassin's Creed 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Castiel, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
  2. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    First one was terrible aside from the nice graphics and first half hour. Unless they've made dramatic changes to the terribly repetitive and shallow gameplay (and that means more than fighting underwater :laugh:) I won't even give this one a shot.
  3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Very excited. I LOVED the first one. The side quests got pretty repetitive, but I loved the rest of the game.
  4. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    I loved the first game, but i had 2 things i always found annoying with it -

one was the repetitive side quests, i had the 360 version so there was even less side quest variation than the pc version

the other issue i had was that this world class assasin who could climb anything and leap from the top of a church without injury on landing, couldn't swim. Always seemed stupid to me.

I'm looking forward to the next installment, i only hope they release to pc at the same time as the consoles (highly unlikely, but i can dream can't i?)
  5. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Same problem that I had with the first splinter cell. This badass ex NAVY SEAL couldn't swim.
  7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The only thing I really didn't like is all the names that sounded the same and most the people looked the same so, I could just barely follow the plot. It just seemed to fall apart because of that. And yeah, the side missions were extremely repetitive and the same counter technique worked 97% of the time. It could have been great but it was rather flat and I have no intent to replay.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I enjoyed the game except for the repetitiveness. The plot and story were amazing. And they could definitely build on it. I knew this was coming, and I am very excited about it
  9. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    I personally loved how the super stealthy, badass, 'I'm gonna eff up your face' assassin was easily the most conspicuous character on the screen at all times, yet never noticed. Yes, if I hang my head in a brooding fashion with my hands clasped like a conspirator / touch everyone as I walk by... no one will suspect a thing!
  10. Midnite8

Thanks Received:
    i thought assassin's creed was extremely boring, just running around a town doing the same exact stuff.
  11. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    This is a common thread among video games.

My favorite was TMNT on Nintendo. There was an underwater LEVEL, yet if you fell in the water anywhere else, you died.

I"M A FRIGGIN TURTLE!
  12. inf3rno

inf3rno New Member

Thanks Received:
    I liked the first one but not expecting the second one.
  13. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Assassin's Creed is no different than running around as 47 in the Hitman series. Only difference is is that it is more or less modern day and there are guns. Otherwise, its the same thing.

I love the first one and I am looking forward to the second and third.
  14. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish you could have used a bow/arrow in the first one... that would have been a cool alternative to the knife throwing. Simply because of the enemy archers, it would have been nice to take one of them out from a bit longer of a distance.

Maybe in the 2nd :D
  15. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I dont think the second one is taking place in Jerusalem/Acre/w/e the other one is so the weapons could be a bit different.

Rumor has it that the skills that the assassin has in the memories Miles later obtains and you can use them against others.
  16. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I think that is what is going to happen.
  17. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Even if they made the second in the series in modern times, it has a very long way to go in terms of game play before actually being good.

Despite most players having serious complaints about it (namely repetitive), it has sold extremely well. A sequel is inevitable.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU