1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassins creed crashes

Discussion in 'Games' started by loshmi2011, Jan 7, 2012.

1. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello everyone, im new here and this is my new post, im somewhat a fan of assassins creed, and at the same time so sad because it keeps crashing my pc.
    i have already lowered all my settings there, even turned off vsync, and lowered my resolution to 800x600. i have turned off my antivirus and firewall, and tried to disable one of my processors (because i have 2), quit every unnecesarry task (from task manager), so basically, i've tried each one of the solutions for fixing these crashes. but nothing worked. and i've even tried to find the other solutions from ubisoft forums, other forums, other sites... but nothing. what should i do?

2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Welcome .
    First off you will need to post your system specks no one here can help with out some information as to what you have as a computer .

3. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    windows xp sp3 (as an OS), my processor: intel core 2 duo inside E7300 @ 2.66Ghz, my pc is running at 2.67Ghz, and i have 2gb of ram.
    hard disk: WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0, display driver (gpu): ATI radeon HD 4550, monitor: plug and play.
    should i post anything else for my system specs?

4. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Looks to me as you have an OS issue . Windows XP SP3 is very old and unstable at best . JMHO . 2Gb's of RAM ?? Should get at least 4Gb's . as well .

5. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so should i get a new OS? if i need to, then which one'd you recommend?

6. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit and at the very least 4GB's of RAM 8 would be better . ;)

7. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    can i download that OS? btw, im already planning to get 2 additional GBs of RAM

8. trickson

Thanks Received:
    I do not think you can . You will need to buy the disk .

9. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    are there any other OSs that you could recommend me that are available for download?

10. trickson

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know OS's are better when you have the disk and most if not all have to be in CD form .

11. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Or on USB for vista and win 7, but thats another story.

Which assassin's creed game is giving you the problems?

12. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your OS is fine, I played AC with XP SP3 and had no problem. What I suggest you do is open up your firewall and under the Exceptions tab untick both AC 9 and AC 10. See if that helps any. Also you might want to make sure that you've disabled all background applications you may have running. One more thing, don't update the game. As it will remove DX10.1. I'm not sure when you got the game but it initially came with DX10.1 and for 4800 series users that did help with performance improvements (I'm not sure about a 4550 though).

13. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    That was with the first Assassin's Creed game. Were not exactly sure which one he's playing.

14. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    im experiencing the lagging at all games, especially ac brotherhood, as i've found that roma is quite large, so the animus is storing the info when you are playing. not like ac 1 and ac 2 which load all the information safely, before you can actually play the game (but i do experience some lag on them too).
    when i've run the can you run it internet software, i've discovered that inly ac revelations doesnt support my CPU for the recomended config (but for the minimum config it does).

one more thing, eastcoasthandle, didnt i mention the things i've tried to do at the first place? read them and you will see.

15. loshmi2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry for the double post, but i think i may have fixed the problem in assassins creed brotherhood, but i dunno if this is gonna work on all the games. i have needed more fps for acb in order to properly work without crashes. so i've decided to install the advanced systemcare 5 program (because it comes with game booster 3, i've also turned on the turbo mode for games, so i can run my games with a full optimization). i dunno if this is gonna work really, im just guessing.