1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassins Creed II Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by mdsx1950, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Assassin's Creed II is developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft.

[​IMG]

As in Assassin's Creed, the story revolves around the "Animus", a machine which makes it possible for the player to view the genetic memories of protagonist Desmond Miles' ancestors, a long line of assassins. In Assassin's Creed II, the machine is used to view the memories of a young nobleman-turned-assassin named Ezio Auditore da Firenze in the late 15th and early 16th century in Italy, during the Renaissance. The game thus incorporates numerous real-life historic events, places, and people throughout Italian Renaissance history, all of which play a key part in the plot and in Ezio's journey to uncover a hidden conspiracy after the murder of his family.

Minimum Req.
    * Processor: Dual Core 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    * RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista / Windows 7
    * Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
    * Hard Drive Space: 12GB

Recommended Req.

* Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better
    * RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista / Windows 7
    * Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (nVidia 8800 GS/ Radeon 3800 Series)
    * Hard Drive Space: 12GB

Game release date is 16th March 2010.

P.S : The game has got excellent ratings for PS3 and X360 so keep your hopes high for the game. Its way better than AC 1. :rockout:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    amdlover5770 says thanks.
  2. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    awesome game have it for 360, about 7 hrs in...i reccomend it for anyone that loves to sneak around and assinate people

mdsx1950 says thanks.
  3. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow your so lucky :D Cant wait till March to play it.

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Was thinking of getting it for the PS3 but forget that i'll wait and probably save my self $10 too. Plus with some hope it be more PC like game and not so console ish this time. Only played it for the story the missions on most part sucked.

5. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    So exactly how much better than AC1 is it? I played AC1 for like two hours, and it was so boring I had to fight the urge to fall asleep.

6. Sensi Karate

Sensi Karate New Member

Thanks Received:
    AC 2 takes away all the things that made AC 1 bad and then adds more of the things that shouldve been in the first game. You can now buy new armour and weapons, you have much more side missions that are actually interesting to do, the AI is now smarter and will check in hay stacks, water and even chase after you on top of buildings, Ezio can now swim, you now have your own villa/town thing that you can upgrade and such, the story is much better then AC 1 and you actually don't start off as an assassin, assassinations now don't revolve around listening to a person, getting information and assassinating now you have much more variety in the way you kill the targets in the game. Read a review and you'll truly see how good it is. :p

I pre-ordered the black edition of AC 2 in September. At the time the PC version was going to be released with its console cousins but then only a few weeks before release they post on twitter, "Hey, were just postponing the PC version of the game..." which seriously got me frustrated. Sure they have to get the game compatible with two/three different OS and also compatible with most modern hardware in the last few years but isn't this also a marketing trick? They release the console verisons, where the money is really made and then ship the PC version months after the console release which will then show a decrease in profit which then will probably mean no AC 3 for PC... Also they will most likely but some crazy security feature which will annoy the hell out of us... I hope this wait is just to clear out all the bugs and such in the game and make it even better then that of its console version... But time will tell.

7. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Completely hated the first AC.(repetitive garbage)

This one looks good, lets just hope the PC version is well optimized and the controls are well placed.

AsRock says thanks.
  8. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah AC1 is realy boring.

i hope PC version not suck

9. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed, ac2 has made a huge leap over the first one, even thought the first one got rave reviews, in the second one you even run your own city to make revenue to buy new armor new clothes new weapons, new machines, its pretty sweet, the detail is amazing on 360 so i cant even imagine how sexy itll look on pc

10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the first was boring, but if you played it when it was new it was a fresh concept with the free running style. Play it now, and it feels simple and dull because the ideas been copied in many games since.

AC2 should be great.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Story got me, the killing ppl or and of course the jumping around roof tops :p. the rest was true pos.

12. mipowell29 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did the original play well at all with a mouse and keyboard set up?

13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes, once you got used tot he combo's it was great lol. I hope they don't change that but knowing my luck they will f that up hehe..

Kinda like Overlord were i though the 1st one had better control than the second one as what i used to do is flank the bad guys by getting in front of them while driving the minions around behind them but with the second one it's a pain in da ass to do it.

mipowell29 says thanks.