1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassins Creed III

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Jan 28, 2012.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    From the article it appears that ACIII will take place around the American Revolution. Some sort of unveiling will happen at the end of March 2012.
    Source
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I hope they put as much effort into that one as they did Assassin's Creed II. I still think II was the best.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know if AC3 will have a new engine? All the reviews for Revelations was saying the game engine/graphics were starting to show its age.
  4. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Very unlikely that it will have a new engine as AC1>AC2 etc didn't get a new engine (they all use the Anvil engine), the engine only got some incremental improvements.

The reason the graphics aren't as good as some other PC titles is thanks to the fact that the consoles the game is designed for couldn't use them (personally I find the graphics fine on PC).
  5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    oh, i play it on console. Has really good texture for a console game though
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Considering the latest AC can struggle to hit 30fps on a current console, It will use the same engine... Unless it's being developed for the next-gen consoles. We'll see come the end of March I guess.
  7. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The question is if AC3 will be out on this gen of consoles or next gen? If by any chance they decide on next gen consoles then we should see a graphical update or newer game engine. If it will be next gen of consoles I don't see why it wouldn't use the same engine/graphics, etc.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  8. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    The lead developers have said that the in-game timeline for AC1>AC3 finishes at the end of 2012, and that they want the game to be out before the in-game date passes. That rules out next gen consoles unless Microsoft pull a rabbit out of the hat with the next xbox and have it released before christmas (quite unlikely).
  9. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Doubtful. Only Nintendo will have a console out this year and the series, I thought, was supposed to end on the date the Mayan calendar rolls over (December something). Ubisoft simply can't afford to wait for Sony and Microsoft. I'd expect the game to launch in November.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. hhumas

Thanks Received:
    I only like ac2 ... brotherhood and revelation was waste of time
  11. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    AC looks sooo good, the scenery, the ambient, etc is wonderfull, but the cenital gameplay (or 3rd person) and funny baby battles are killing it. They could make it more like Thief.
  12. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Games get pushed back all the time. Alan Wake, a game that was suppose to come out on PC came out on console. The point is, anything is possible. It's not to say that we will see it on next gen or not but I do recall something similar with Halo on the xbox. Everything thought that Halo 3 would be on xbox to later find out it will be on xbox 360. So anything is possible. It's just that nothing is confirmed as of yet.

The best way to look at this is to ask; What gen would allow the game to be most profitable?
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Ubisoft has been successfully running very tight launch tables for all Assassin's Creed titles. This is why they aren't going to make any major changes to the engine or they would risk missing their deadline.

As human_error and I pointed out, there is an in-game timeline which requires it to be out this year (the whole Mayan "end of the world" thing). You're more likely to see snow in the Sahara desert than to see Ubisoft miss that deadline.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    I will be more open minded that it can be either way. Again, until something is announced.
  15. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It'll be out between March and November (I'm thinking June'ish). I wouldn't be at all surprised if the series actually ends in another title released November/December (kind of like how Revelations and Brotherhood revealed more about the long-term plot than AC or AC2 ever did--forces you to get them to follow the plot). I think the last game will have virtually nothing involving the Animus because it is all current day. They already said that AC3 will mostly take place during the American Revolution.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Ubisoft will probably unveil it on stage at E3 and release in the fall like every year.
  17. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    It seems like AC2 is the best. I bought AC1&2 on steam, but can i just skip 1 since it's generally viewed as the lesser of the series and start off with 2?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    If you bought it, why skip it? AC1 really introduces you to the animus and why you are hunted. It is kind of important plot wise even if it is difficult to follow.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Both were $5. Reason I ask is because I've heard often that it's repetitive and somewhat boring. I wasn't sure how the plot goes and builds, but if you say that it builds from game to game, I might as well start at the beginning. Sounds reasonable.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Both true. I suppose if you really wanted to skip it, you should read a spolier-packed summary of what went down in it before starting AC2. The character you play as in AC1 often resurfaces in AC2. You are also in pursuit of the same object in AC1 in all the games.
    manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Well, I will say that it is repetitive, but I never was bored in the first AC. Just work on the main story and don't worry about all the collectibles (unless you like that sort of thing).
    manofthem says thanks.
  22. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Good ideas. I could just "run" through it, if it's possible. I'm usually not that into collectibles. I just have this idea of Far Cry 2 in my head, where it's extremely repetitive and VERY boring (though I did finish it, I'm not sure why I persisted).

Anyway, gracias for the info.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I highly doubt that as they want to bring the story of Desmond to an end by this November and before December 21, 2012 which is the "end of the world."
  24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I can assure you, it is no where near as repetitive and boring as Far Cry 2. Far Cry 2 set the bar high on that. XD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    AC1 i enjoyed. It was repetitive, but it repeated fun stuff so it was good. I kinda miss the running between towns from AC1 and 2.

AC3 will be interesting if its during the american revolution. I wonder what weapons they might introduce? Probably a rifle.