1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassin's Creed XBOX 360. How do I get red of widescreen?

Discussion in 'Games' started by xXxJiggabobxXx, Jan 26, 2008.

1. xXxJiggabobxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's some really annoying ass black borders the whole time I'm playing the flippin' game, and it makes it less appealing to look at.

I've checked the options but no way to get rid of them, is there any other way?

My TV has an aspect of 4:3 and this is really pissing me off.
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Would the Xbox 360 have an option in its settings?

Does your TV have any scaling options? could you change it on the TV?

Sorry i cant help more.
  3. xXxJiggabobxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    My TV automatially puts it's own widescreen borders on as well as the in game ones, so the actual gaming screen is tiny, cos my TV is a retard and thinks I want it to automatically use widescreen mode, and I haven't had the remote for years so I can't take it off.

As for the 360, yes it does have an option for widesceen or normal, I've chosen normal, but in assassin's creed there are still borders, even if it's part of the game I don't care, it's really really annoying on a 14" TV with so much borders you can't fucking see the game.
  4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    Does your remote have a screen setting option? on mine i have a button on the remote to switch between each viewing mode. Try a replacement, you may be able to get a cheapo one from argos or maybe maplins.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    gah that would be horrible on a 14"

What matters now is determining if its the TV doing it, the Xbox, or the game.

If its the TV, can you navigate using just the buttons on it, instead of using the remote?
  6. xXxJiggabobxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol it's some really shit brand TV called "York Sound", I can't find anything about it on the internet at all.

Eventually when I get some money I'll buy a VGA adapter for my 360 and plug it into my LCD, but until then this is driving me crazy :mad:

And even so, I'm not sure if maplins have them available in store or if you have to order them.
  7. Xaser04

Xaser04

Thanks Received:
    You can buy the vga adaptor from most big electrical stores (currys, pcworld etc) also the big highstreet game stores sell it as well.

Its only £15 so shouldn't break the bank either.
  8. bretts31344

bretts31344

Thanks Received:
    You probably already know this, but if your monitor is 4:3 it is going to make some games widescreen with huge black bars. I hooked my 360 up to my parents 17" inch monitor and there were like 2 inch bars on the top and bottom when I played Assassin's Creed. It looked amazing, but anything should when the resolution is that high and the screen is like 10" inches big.