• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Astronauts find living organisms clinging to the International Space Station

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
We might be it for a few lightyears.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1164046

It does. Fitting data to match the required results is almost status quo in this day and age, eventually it all comes out and gets explained, but in the meantime......

If life didn't originate on earth, when and where did it have time to originate in space? I mean, we are talking about a one in a trillion chance, then to crash into our planet and not be made sterile by the fiery decent though an atmosphere....which http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/life-components.html makes them sterile unless we find something capable of living through plus 1000 degree temperatures encountered on the way through.

... The article you linked to has science triumphing over the pop cultural notion that autism is linked to vaccinations. Are you trying to agree with me, or debate my point? Science is not influenced by popular culture, popular culture tries to create technology from science.

As to the other point, you are looking at my statement incorrectly. Either life came from Earth, or it came from outside Earth. If the atmosphere is the blurry line you draw, the only third option would be that it existed prior to the Earth existing and the Earth happened to form around it.

For the record, the equation for a several thousand degree object assumes that the impact occurs instantly, and on a non-deformable surface. Assuming those conditions aren't met (like a water impact), the temperature might only be a few hundred degrees C. There are plenty of extremophiles that can survive that.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
... The article you linked to has science triumphing over the pop cultural notion that autism is linked to vaccinations. Are you trying to agree with me, or debate my point? Science is not influenced by popular culture, popular culture tries to create technology from science.

As to the other point, you are looking at my statement incorrectly. Either life came from Earth, or it came from outside Earth. If the atmosphere is the blurry line you draw, the only third option would be that it existed prior to the Earth existing and the Earth happened to form around it.

For the record, the equation for a several thousand degree object assumes that the impact occurs instantly, and on a non-deformable surface. Assuming those conditions aren't met (like a water impact), the temperature might only be a few hundred degrees C. There are plenty of extremophiles that can survive that.
Science may not be influenced by pop culture but its certainly influenced by financing and politics. Follow the money if you ever want the real truth.