1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

asus 7970 dcii unlocked bios problems

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by think_alien, Jul 1, 2012.

1. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok so i downloaded the unlocked bios from the vga database
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/113309/Asus.HD7970.3072.120104.html

tried to flash it but once its flashed the card no longer shows anything on the display via dvi port and my voltage on stock is locked to a max of 1.060v which is a bit on the low side for max it should be at least 1.175 preferably 1.400 as it should be so its overclockable anyways anyone have suggestions? i want to get it working with the unlocked bios but when i try flashing it, it doesnt turn out well :p
  2. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok new problem got the new bios working but it now only detects the monitor on dvi 2 so it now will only support 1 monitor .......... any ideas? lol
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  3. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    also starts artifacting after 1240mhz regardless of voltage i guess if you want to overclock this card between reports and experience id say its a total dud
    and i had one successful startup where voltage change was possible now its back to being locked again oh well flashing back to the DC2T bios that actually has monitor support i guess :p
  4. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    It depends on what Bios you flashed the card on

Bios Number 1 Is for Dual link DVI and only 2 DP ports
    Bios Number 2 is for Single Link DVI and all display ports

if you use a Dual link DVI monitor and u flashed on Bios one you will loose the Dual link support.

This is why i use a BizLink DP to DVI-D Adapter.

Also the Asus Overclocking Bios will NOT unlock the voltages on a Non TOP DirectCUII 7970, Nothing will unlock the voltages.

Asus Has even said to me in an email that they don't have a Bios for the 7970DCII that will allow voltage unlocking and may never create one.
  5. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had it working not for very long but it did work voltages were unlocked and adjusting but then after restart it went back to not working
  6. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will think you may find that they actually were not, When i did this it "said" my core voltages were changing on GPU tweak, but i couldn't get past 1150Mhz (same as stock volt oc).

Upon restart was back to 1.060v stock voltage.
  7. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    mine actually were i got ti up to 1300mhz core 1500mhz vram and hwmonitor reported the voltage being what i set it to in gpu tweak and i know my gpu doesnt even go near 1300 on stock it freezes after 1180-1200
  8. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Which card do you have?
  9. think_alien New Member

Thanks Received:
    the dc2 non top version and it only worked once, i restarted and the voltages were locked once again which kinda sucks but at least it shows that it is possible.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. CaptainFailcon New Member

Thanks Received:
    1.4v though a GPU you are out of your mind 1.225 is the upper limit the direct CU II has fairly weak vrms so what you see is what you get
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2656716
    the DCU2 is locked out on the hardware level 1.066 is as good as you will get screwing with the bios wont help either its hardlocked
  11. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    the VRMs on the Direct CU 2 are not Weak, They are very good, this card was made for LN2 hence the whole voltage tweak with a Maximus motherboard.

Also They are not hardware locked, Its been proven by myself an others, Put a TOP bios on there and your Vcore will raise to 1.080v.

Do you even own one?
  12. CaptainFailcon New Member

Thanks Received:
    you put a top bios in there and it MAY report 1.080v but its still 1.220v a bios's can't magically reprogram it todo something it physically can't do ill belive it when you check it with a mulimeter
    I trust erocker when he says it can't be done
  13. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry but Why are you on this thread?

before the TOP bios i could hit 1100Mhz on core MAX @ 1.030v

With Top bios i could hit 1150Mhz on core max @ 1.080v

You don't have this card

Erocker doesn't have this card (unless he jumps in and says he does)

So please don't give input into a subject that you don't need to give input that is false and misleading.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When I said that I thought his card was getting bad Vdroop. What I didn't know was that the stock voltage on that card really is that low, so I was mistaken. :)
  15. Blaumann77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello!

I need some help.

I would like to change a BIOS Asus DCII 7970's.

But after ATIWinflash program will fill the new BIOS and dominated the program button on the display: SubsystemID and Mismatch.

What would be that bármiely BIOS for the card I could do?

CF would like to use the second card I bought and now have various bios on it than the existing one. For this reason does not work, only a few cases of CF
  16. Blaumann77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  17. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    This bios is obviously not compatible with your card. You could brick it using an incompatible bios, so you've gotten off lightely with what you're seeing.

I suggest that you flash back your original bios before you wreck the card.